Skip to main content

my corona

I am currently recovering from coronavirus. I made it almost a year and then it got me before 2020 ended. I believe I might have contracted it from someone who had been vaccinated the week prior. I have no evidence, only a strong mistrust for the vaccine. This particular person had daily exposure to the virus since March with no problems, and then they suddenly get the virus after being vaccinated. Highly suspect to me. And so my conspiracy brain automatically jumps to the conclusion that 10 of us got the virus from the vaccinated person. (I could be wrong though. I don't know everything.)

This was the strangest virus I've ever had. I initially assumed I had a sinus infection, because real sudafed made me feel normal. But then I woke up one morning and had lost my entire sense of smell. So when, one by one, my extended family began to all test positive, I was certain I also had the virus. I experienced mild fatigue and aches, as well as loss of my sense of smell. which has come back, but now my sense of taste is a little skewed. Foods taste blander and I cannot really taste salt. There's also a weird coppery taste that still lingers around. My biggest symptoms were a heaviness in my forehead that accompanied massive brain fog. I would be talking about something and suddenly be blank and have no idea how to grab the word I was looking for. Other times I felt like I was trying to walk through sludge in my mind. One morning I was standing in the kitchen making pancakes and couldn't really recall what I was supposed to be doing. I could handle the loss of my senses. I wasn't sure if I could tolerate the brain fog for an extended haul. I also experienced a weird range of emotions from maniacal laughter to tearing up at the most insane things, like the baby shark song, which i have no emotional connection to at all. I am a naturally emotional person, but even in my mental fog I knew this wasn't something that would normally make me emotional. 

I did some research and discovered that people who deal with mental problems and depression (hello, that's me!) tend to have more neurological symptoms associated with corona. Something about being more prone to brain inflammation. So I figured out what supplements and vitamins are good for the blood brain barrier. Right now I'm taking krill oil, gingko, green tea and l theanine for mental clarity, as well as vitamin c and a b complex. I do feel like my brain feels more normal. And yesterday I noticed for the first time that if I forgot a word I was thinking of, I could stop for a second and it would immediately come back to me. 

This virus is real, but the way the world has responded is insane. After experiencing corona for myself, I have even more questions than I did before. I've also been reading the covidvaccinated subreddit and the symptoms people are having after the vaccine are all over the place. Some people are saying they have experienced mental problems like depression and anxiety attacks, but most of them claim to experience basically coronavirus symptoms. I know they are saying there is no live virus in the vaccine, but how would we even know? I am very leery of this vaccine and the potential agenda behind it. Plus, what is even the point if you have to continue social distancing and wearing a mask even after you've been jabbed? I do believe that slowly perks will be added or freedoms taken away if we refuse the vaccine. It is already happening in some countries. There's enough hatred between the two sides of pro and anti vaccine that the plan to divide and conquer is readily underway. 

Comments