Skip to main content

the age of the surveillance state

Peppy's job takes him in the Walmarts all over north Alabama. He found some cheap work pants on clearance one day and couldn't find them in any of the other Walmarts he went in, so he asked if I would see if they had any online. I found them and had to create an account to order them. When I went to 'proceed to checkout' there was a list of suggested items for me to purchase, which were all the things I had bought in store, with cash, the previous Monday. And it wasn't a generic suggestion like Diet Coke or Lays potato chips. It was a specific face cream, these lentil chips I've become a little obsessed with, and brown mascara. I thought that was more than a little strange, definitely not a coincidence. Somehow they were data mining when I was in the store using the self checkout with my phone in my purse.

A couple days ago I went to track the package of Peppy's pants. If I know something is arriving that won't fit in the mailbox I try to put Joey up. Our mail people are terrified of her. Actually, everyone is terrified of her. When I logged into my brand spanking new Walmart account, it had separate listings for everything that I purchased in-store since August. 

What kind of Black Mirror surveillance state is this? I don't have anything to hide, but this is insane. We are constantly being tracked and monitored. Always being data mined to better help understand and control us. Manipulation is happening on the most basic scale so that we never realize it. Our social media "experiences" cannot be trusted, because the things that we see and are recommended to us are done for a specific reason. My online experience may vary from a black middle aged atheist. We could google the same phrases and get different results because our internet experiences are being tailored for two different people. 

They pick certain words and phases we use and send us on a particular path. My oldest son looks up Dungeons and Dragons tutorials on youtube, and now all his recommended videos are for how to learn witchcraft. And I'm not so naive that I don't see how those two could be related. But when none of his recommended videos have to do with DnD and they all have to do with intro to witchcraft 101, it's hard for me not to connect the dots. Just like all the perverted ElsaGate videos. They are coming after our kids. It's all so subliminal. They are trying to creep under the radar and snatch them up while we are cooking dinner, or at work, or just too exhausted. There's so many subliminal messages that are going on at such a deep subconscious level that we never even realize it. It's almost like life has become one big advertisement. 

Myspace basically started as an experiment to see how much information humanity would be willing to give up for free. And big surprise, we humans sure do love to talk about ourselves. It puffs us up, makes us feel more important and relevant than we actually are. This was the beginning of social media and the major surveillance state. It was never an organic evolution. It's been a psyop from the beginning. 

The only way to break away is to get rid of those accounts and limit the time you spend online. It's not real life anyway, but it is so very addicting, and was intentionally created to be that way. We can close the laptop and shut off our phones, and live out the reality that we really want. 

Comments