Skip to main content

pikachu, i choose you.

I made this cake yesterday. It was my first time trying a frozen buttercream transfer and I think it turned out pretty well, considering. I kind of wish I had known about this technique years ago. Actually, I question why I haven't watched any cake decorating videos before yesterday. Well, the truth is I'm not a fan of watching videos of anything really, because in the age of youtube you have to listen to one hundred minutes of garbage before they get to the actual information. 

It was incredibly lovely to bake in a big kitchen again and be able to spread out. And being able to put the dishes into the dishwasher felt absolutely magical. I had to go into the RV because my food coloring gels were still over there. It felt so surreal stepping inside and thinking about how we lived there for five years. Even though we've only been in the house three months it seems like fulltime RV living was a lifetime ago. (Then again, I have been in a perpetual brain fog for the past three months, so time simultaneously seems to stand still and fly by. Time.....is an illusion. Can I mention that my short term memory is practically nonexistent at the moment? That is irrelevant to this post, but incredibly relevant to my life.) 

This is a two layer chocolate cake, and there is so much buttercream that we all might get diabetes. The birthday is an hour away and I'm reallllly hoping that the black icing doesn't start to sweat and bleed on the drive. The good news(?) is that my taste buds are a little off this week and I wasn't tempted to eat half of the buttercream like I usually do. A few days ago I dipped a tater tot in ketchup and it tasted EXACTLY like mustard. It was so weird. 

Comments