Skip to main content

tornado alley. and other stuff.

It's the most wonderful time of the year....tornado season in Alabama. Just over the past two weeks we have had three tornado watches in our area and actual tornado sightings in other areas. I do pay careful attention to the weather when there is a potential threat of tornadoes, but I think I'm a little calloused to the whole thing.

Growing up, it seemed like for a majority of March-May, my brothers and I donned our bike helmets and were forced to squish under the heavy wooden desk in my dad's office, while our mother anxiously paced like a caged tiger, and my dad stoic-ly sat in his recliner and watched the radar. A tornado could be 100 miles away and our mother would already have us stuffed together. I do not believe tornados can teleport, but this was always the way that it was. We were prepared in case a tornado suddenly was upon us. My mom is a naturally prone worrier and tornado season always seemed to amplify that. I do remember us constantly asking if we could get up from under the desk yet. Despite her anxiety, I don't remember ever being scared. I remember my brothers and I being stupid and obnoxious in an effort to keep ourselves entertained in the face of danger. Even now I understand the threat, but it is not an all-consuming worry to me. The thought has crossed my mind that if last year taught me anything, it is to expect the unexpected. So maybe this tornado season will be even more intense than normal. I guess we will just wait and see. 

There has been heavier snowfall in many places recently, like India, Taiwan, and Turkey. Australia has seen historic levels of flooding this month. Not to mention landslides killing 45 in Columbia. Hurricane season will also be upon us soon. Is the earth groaning? Is this climate change? Are the powers that be controlling the weather? So many questions. Not enough answers.

Here's some more interesting/weird stuff going on in the world right now:

*Here's a list of free stuff you can get when you have received both doses of your vaccine, including donuts and weed. Remember fam, if you are not paying for the product, you ARE the product. Please don't forget that.

*Fully vaccinated people in Hawaii are getting infected with covid 19. 

*Someone is conditioning us for the acceptance of aliens. UFO sightings are popping up everywhere. Do not fall for this alien deception. 

*A mouse plague ravages farms in Australia.

*A study shows that men given female hormones could reduce the severity of covid-19. That should end well. 

*Another study shows that many survivors of coronavirus will experience cognitive decline and neurological problems. Huh, you don't say? 

*There's an odd moving geyser in California.

The world is a beautiful, mysterious place, and strange occurrences are happening every day. But you don't have to be scared or worried about the future. You can take each day as it comes with the peace that passes all understanding. I look around and see so much anxiety and fear everywhere. On the flip side, people think that these vaccines are going to make things normal again, and boy are they in for a huge wake-up call. 

Draw near to God and he will draw near to you. James 4:8

No matter where you stand spiritually or politically, do not less the powers that be divide us. That is their goal, because we are easy to destroy when we are divided. Think about a bundle of sticks. One stick is easy to break, but when you have a whole stack it is much, much harder. Have empathy for your fellow man. Do not immediately judge and jump to conclusions. Try to see every situation without an immediate emotional response. And remember- love conquers all. 

Comments