Skip to main content

Yikes stripes

I hate shoes. I generally own four pairs of shoes until they fall apart and have to be replaced: an off brand teva type sandal, a dressier pair of sandals (you know, for upscale events, dinner parties and funerals), some boots and a Tom style shoe. I haven't owned tennis shoes since high school. My feet don't really mind. They seem to be incredibly resilient. 

About 6 years ago I bought these incredibly cheap shoes at either Ross or Burke's. I don't remember. I was drawn to the color and knew I would wear them all the time. I wore them until they literally fell apart. And for a cheap pair of shoes they lasted for years. I was so sad to see them go. 

Yesterday the kids and I went to lunch with my mom and Memaw and then we went in a few stores. My mom wanted to go into Burke's. I had a gift card left from my birthday last year and wanted to look in the shoe section and see if they had any fake tevas. I've had incredible luck finding them there, and they always seem to last longer than you'd imagine. Unfortunately I didn't find them, but I did see these which was just as exciting. 

These looks almost just like the old pair I used to have. I was so excited to see them. Someone gifted me two pairs of new Toms last year, which I was thrilled about, but they are black and navy, and I prefer a tiny bit of pizzazz. The black Toms have apparently been relegated to dress shoes status. :)

Comments