Skip to main content

our house- a picture post

Every day I am so happy to be in this house. I know I've said it before, but I can't decide if I'm more thankful for the laundry room, my bathroom, or the dishwasher. It's a close call, honestly. It was around this time last year that Peppy and I really started looking at floorplans. So surreal that it's been a year. Time has simultaneously flown by and stood still.
I love the backyard. When the blinds are open it feels like we're in a cabin in the woods. It reminds me of the huge window in the RV.
We don't have much in our bedroom, but that's ok because I use the extra space to hula hoop. 
The only thing we've done differently to the bathroom is hang up some towel rods. It's so great to have two full sized bathrooms again. 
We let the kids pick out everything for their rooms. This picture was taken back in February and Owsley now has a bookshelf with a lava lamp and all these led lights that he's added to his desk, so his room usually looks like a laser tag explosion.
I call this room '50 Shades of Gage.' Alternately titled 'standard hotel room.'
We also have this second living area that isn't getting too much use at the moment, but that is a great coffee table for putting together puzzles and playing board games. And this was the only floorplan that had the kids' bedrooms all the way across the house from our room, which was a perk. Over time this may just become a game room. Or a useless room with a beautiful rug. 
So, it is hard to get an a decent angled picture of the laundry room. But I love it so much, and dare I say that I actually enjoy cleaning more than I ever have? Well ok, maybe it's not so much that I enjoy it, but it keeps my mind busy. 

It's going to be 90 degrees this weekend and I'm excited at the thought of not sweltering inside a tin can. I had forgotten the luxury of having central cooling. 

Comments