Skip to main content

trees make great neighbors

Top picture was from back in November the day the house was delivered, and I took the bottom picture yesterday. For months I had imagined what it would be like when the trees finally bloomed, and it's really so amazing to see so much greenery out of all of the windows. The grass has really started coming in just over the past couple of weeks. I've always got the blinds pulled up to let all the light and green in. You can hear a plethora of different kinds of birds, crickets, and frogs. I love it. I just need some hanging plants in the kitchen. 

Now that Peppy has more time we can get started on some projects. We've ordered a carport and we plan to put some bushes and shrubs around the underpinning. We also want to get some more gravel so it's easier to turn around in the driveway. I feel bad for the mail people who not only have to make it past the moat gator (Joey,) but then have to reverse down the long, long driveway. Right now we just have the wooden stairs that came with the house, but we also want to put up a couple of the pieces of our old deck for a front porch and then get a new deck for the back porch. 

I went into the RV last week to get some bed sheets and it's always such a surreal feeling to acknowledge that's where I lived for 5 years. It feels like it was a lifetime ago. And maybe that's because the day after we moved out I got a virus that has made my memory and brain ultimately confusing, and at times I feel like a whole other person, but still. Feels like a million years ago already. It's nice to be able to move around and have our own space. There's not a single day that I'm not thankful for this house. I'm still in awe of having a dishwasher again. And a real laundry room.  We are probably going to sell the truck and the RV. Even if we do travel again in the future (we have a lifetime membership to Thousand Trails,) we can get a much smaller RV because we won't be living in it full-time.

Peppy working from home now is so different from when he had to at the beginning of the plague. We had some crazy days trying to get school work and his office work done at the one table. Now everyone has their own desk. We have an island with stools and a dining room table. We can spread out, some of of can listen to music (Peppy and Gage,) one of us can hum and tap (Owsley) and I can find a spot of silence if I need to. 

Four + months post coronavirus and I am still feeling weird and in an apathetic limbo most days, although maybe it is getting a bit better. I did wake up with a heavy feeling in my head yesterday and felt pretty dissociated for most of the day. My brain seems to be working faster than it had been, so that's a happy improvement, although I still have trouble concentrating most of the time. I am having random muscle spasms in my calves and down my arms, and sometime in my left eye. My knees usually feel like balls of fire. My body is also really sensitive to weather changes now, which is something I always heard people talk about, but never experienced myself. And my sense of taste still comes and goes day by day. No day is ever the same, but I am thankful that my words are seeming to come back and I don't find myself forgetting what I was talking about much anymore. Baby steps. It's just nice to notice improvement. 

Comments