Skip to main content

wake up, church. it's time for a revival.

My friend sent me a video on radical faith in the underground church and it led me to the documentary Sheep Among Wolves. The Lord is waking up his people in Muslim communities, and man is it inspiring. Jesus is visiting people in dreams and people are having visions. One man reportedly was visited by a random glowing man for many nights who told him to write down what he was saying, and he ended up writing down the entire book of John. 

"In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams." Acts 2:17

I know some people might balk at that and say that is impossible. But maybe God isn't moving in those people's lives in miraculous ways because they just don't believe? Perhaps eastern cultures are moving in ways that western culture is not because we are prideful and have been conditioned to deny the Lord's power. And to some degree, it's not our fault. From the moment of birth we are purposefully bombarded with agendas, propagandas, chemicals, and distractions that keep us from seeking the Lord. We have become an ignorant people, filled with knowledge, but greatly lacking in wisdom. 

"In latter days......people will be having a form of godliness but denying it's power. Have nothing to do with these people." 2 Timothy 3:5

Many of the people mentioned in the documentary had sudden conversions after they had been immersed in the Muslim religion their entire lives. They are forced to be courageous, because the politics behind the Muslim religion is extremely dangerous. I do believe these things are happening, and maybe that's because of my own experience. My experience was different, but it opened my eyes to just how real and active the Lord is yesterday, today, and forever. 

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." Hebrews 13:8

"For I the Lord do not change." Malachi 3:8

There are many verses in the scripture that affirm Jesus Christ and God the Father do not change. The scripture is filled with examples of men and women seeing visions and dreaming dreams. Why do people think this ended? The scriptures aren't even over yet, because all the prophecies have not yet been fulfilled. Why would the power of the Lord end? I believe here in the west we have this sickness where we need to consume more and more each and every day to distract us from the monotony and loneliness of our lives. But I want less consuming of material stuff and I want more Jesus. I want to see God's people move in power, and I believe we will, and not just in the east either.

American Christians sometimes want to play the martyr, especially with cancel culture. I do agree this lack in freedom of speech is obnoxious, but I don't think this is persecution yet. Can we really look at our brothers and sisters overseas that are being slaughtered for their faith and truly believe we are being persecuted? You better buckle up, because the big stuff is coming. 

"If you have raced with men on foot and they have worn you out, how can you compete with horses?" Jeremiah 12:5

It is my hope and prayer that the church in America begins to believe and move in the power of the Lord. Can you even imagine what that would be like? I'm here for it. Bring it. 

Maybe you think I'm a nut job. That's ok. I'm not offended. But one day you will die. One day I will die. Maybe it is sooner than either of us anticipate. And we will wake up on the other side. Don't wait another moment not having Christ in your life while you're still alive. You're going to need him, especially as life continues to get crazier. What is going on in the world right now, it's not normal. Eh, strike that. What is normal anyway? It's not natural.

I would love to be part of a Christian group that was moving in powerful ways. That would be amazing. I pray every day that the Lord will use me to encourage and influence others. It my earnest desire to bring others to Christ. If Christ is not the king of your life, it's not too late. 

"Do not quench the Spirit." 1 Thessalonians 5:19

Comments