Skip to main content

painting, and plants, and pi sign. oh my!

I painted a couple things this weekend. The first is Peppy's Father's Day present, the cover of the Drive By Truckers new album, "The New OK." I know absolutely nothing about this band, other than Peppy loves them. Our musical tastes have greatly veered in opposite directions over the years, and that's ok, because we do still have our classics, like My Morning Jacket, the Decemberists, and Radiohead. Cannot go wrong with those guys. (Side note: I have also painted covers of all those bands for previous Father's Day presents.)
The second thing I painted was the logo for an EDM musician Owsley likes, Fox Stevenson. Looks a little like the pi sign.

I'm going to have to give a shout out to DollarTree's craft section. They have seriously upped their game lately. They now have all different kinds of paints and canvases. The paint brushes weren't the greatest, but we have a DollarTree five minutes from our house, and it saved me a trip to the much dreaded and loathed Walmart. 
Peppy said for Father's Day what he would really like to do was go to a nursery and start a flower garden, as well as get some vegetable plants to put in last year's lettuce box, because he built a new one this year. So we bought tomatoes, banana peppers, green peppers, and jalapenos. He loves landscaping and has such a natural green thumb. 

We also got a huge spider plant that we hung inside. It is enormous, and I really love the way it looks. We also finally got around to hanging some macrame plant hangers that I got for Mother's Day. I love how our dining room area is starting to look like a jungle. The more that I look at the hanging baskets, the more I like them. I do think the two blue pots need a third. They are too level. They need one a little longer to add some dimension. 
I have the perfect thing for that empty wall. My older brother made me a painted window frame for Christmas years ago, but I didn't have room for it in the RV. So I can't wait to get that out of the shed and fill it with pictures and hang it up.

Right now I have 13 different plants inside. And they all have names, except for the new spider plant. I'll have to think of something good for him. 

Comments