Skip to main content

two new species of humans discovered?? and TMI about periods

Did anyone see that over the past two days Israel and China both discovered a new type of human skull that they had never seen before? I do think this is incredibly interesting that both stories were posted within a day of each other. I wonder if any more will be uncovered. I wonder what it means. 

Dragon man skull in China may be new species of human

New type of human skull found in Israel

Peppy tried to have a date night last night. First one in almost a year. My brother randomly texted and asked if the kids wanted to spend the night. They are always thrilled to go to Jonathan and Emily's house.

I really wanted to chicken waffles from Chili's, but it was actually faster to order to-go than it was to wait for a table. We went in to put our name on the list and there were so many open, clean tables, but apparently not enough servers to work them. There was even a $200 signing bonus. There's stuff like that everywhere around here. If you want to work, you absolutely can. Every Monday they put together a help wanted page at the food bank, and right now it's three pages long. It's longer than I've ever seen. I have thought about getting a part time job somewhere since Peppy is home all the time now, and I need something to keep my mind busy. 

So we got food to-go and went home and watched a movie. I found Awake on Netflix. The concept sounded ok, a plague that causes everyone to have insomnia. But I think I was probably awake the first 30 minutes and then I would randomly wake up to explosions at stuff. I tried. I really did. Movie does not cause insomnia.

Here's your TMI warning. Turn around while there's still hope!

I am about to talk about periods, but this is all very medical in my opinion, so I don't understand people being embarrassed to talk about it. Anyway, I'm having my first crazy period since I had covid. They have been abnormally lighter and shorter than normal these past six months, with zero cramps, but this one is intense. I had to change clothes two separate times throughout the night because I bled through them. And I'm having labor contraction level cramps. Not all of them, but I'll get a random one that literally leaves me crouching on the floor. I've taken so much ibuprofen that I probably have a hole in my stomach. Prior to covid, I did occasionally have a crazy period but it was very rare to be this intense. I think I'll stay home today. 

Comments