Skip to main content

what exactly are you eating?

The companies that produce and sell our foods are selling straight up garbage. Most of the products advertised as food aren't real food to begin with. The trash they are injecting us with is slowly destroying our bodies and minds. There's pesticides, fertilizers, MSG, food coloring and high fructose corn syrup, just to name a few. (I'm not coming at this post with a holier than thou attitude. I do drink water and eat lots of fruits and vegetables, but I also eat junk too. Sometimes more than I know I should. I'm stepping on my own toes here.) 

And let's not forget the over consumption of sugars. Even if you plan a healthy dinner, it can still be chock-full of hidden sugar and starches. Never in history have we consumed this much sugar. Not to mention the additives to keep us addicted and coming back for more. Something in gummy candy and diet coke is like crack to me. Sugar is actually 8 times more addictive to your brain than cocaine.

Breakfast companies love to advertise that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and that might be true if you're doing lots of manual labor and eat a protein filled meal. But most cereals and breakfast foods geared for children are basically nothing more than scoop fulls of sugar. (Name me one kid that prefers Grape Nuts over Cinnamon Toast Crunch.) Even healthy breakfast bars have so much sugar. If you insist on breakfast, it should have a lot of protein.

I started intermittent fasting about three years ago, and I have so much more energy in the morning now. There's no mid morning crash, and I seem to have more mental clarity. Well, before covid I did. I generally keep up with IF six days a week. I only eat between the hours of 11am- 7pm, a few days from 12pm-7pm. I have become more in tune with my hunger cues and practice more intuitive eating. I also appreciate my meals more, and feel more inspired to break my fast with something healthy verses a donut or piece of cake. Although sometimes I do, because my body craves what is bad for it. And then I just feel gross. 

I digress.

Some of our food additives are literally classified as processed industrial waste until it is mixed with salt or sugar. I don't want to be eating dead babies either, which are used as "natural flavors."  Have you ever heard of Senomyx? Aborted baby parts are used as flavoring in certain items. We are literally eating people. Here's a good post on aborted cells in cosmetics, food and medicine.

Fat is not bad for you either. We all need fat. I remember the huge fat-free fad when I was younger. I think everything my mom stocked in our pantry was fat-free. I also remember that none of it tasted worth eating. Especially the fat free cheese, that was pretty much like eating actual plastic. It was very rubbery.

If you look at the portion control size at fast food restaurants from the 1950s verses today, you'll be blown away at how much more we eat today. Even in other countries their portion sizes are much smaller than in America. And it makes it worse when you consider the consumption of calories verses activity level. Because a lot of people are not moving much.

source


source

The same people profiting from garbage food are the same people profiting from Big Pharma. The US isn't a country, we are one huge corporation. Constant consumerism. We are never satisfied until we have more, more, more. The people in charge don't care about our health, they only want power. 

We do have natural remedies for many things- herbs, minerals, vitamins, and plants. We have natural painkillers like kratom and marijuana. Instead people are prescribed strong opiates and we have an opiod epidemic all over America. There are SO many natural anti-anxiety meds, like, valarian root, kava kava, ashwaganda, and ltheanine. I could go on, but the doctors quickly prescribe very addictive benzos. And they feel good. They make you feel good when life is hard and you feel bad. No wonder we have so many addictions. There are even more natural antidepressants like lithium, 5htp, and Gaba. (I have no real authority to give out any medical advice, but I do know a lot about natural remedies. Years ago our kids' pediatrician and a neighbor we had both got me interested in a more holistic approach to medicine.) I am not saying all Western Medicine is bad, I'm just saying we should look for a more holistic approach. But then if everyone knew about holistic healing, how would Big Pharma get their big paychecks?

Here's a list of 50 toxic food additives that you should try to avoid.

Comments