Skip to main content

fourteen birthdays ah, ah, ah

I don't know what kind of cake I made. Something from Terraria. 
If you understand the reference on Gage's shirt we are instant friends. 
Gage's birthday was nice. He wanted Ihop for breakfast, but it became more like lunch. And then everyone  came over for cake in the afternoon. The Oculus was definitely the hit, and as I'm typing this I'm actually watching Gage on the other side of the couch riding a rollercoaster on VR. I think we are going to end the evening streaming some Marvel movie of Gage's choosing. My brother and sister-in-law have recently gotten the kids into Marvel. That's a whole other realm that I know nothing about. There's a good chance that I might fall asleep on the couch shortly after the movie begins. I'll give it everything in me, but this couch makes me lose control of my consciousness. Even Peppy sometimes falls asleep on the couch after I've gone to bed, and sleeps there until I wake up at 5 am. This couch has seductive sleeping powers. 

While we lived in the RV we either had parties on our deck or at my parent's house. There was one year when Gage had invited 8 kids over for a nerf war on his birthday, and this pop up heavy storm came out of nowhere. So we had 10 kids in the RV taking turns playing Mario Kart. It was actually nice getting to host family again. 

So fun fact: I think I've mentioned this before but onion currently smells like sewage to me. I just cannot do it, and eliminating it from my life had been wonderful. I used to love onions and put them on anything that I could. Towards the end of Gage's party I started to feel nauseous and I couldn't figure out why. I had not eaten anything weird. I couldn't pinpoint a reason, and then Gage walked by and all I could smell was armpit body odor, which smells like onions, which to me smells like all things that make you want to barf. Even Gage said, "Whoops. I think I forgot to put on deodorant today." And all the sweating from playing Beat Saber on the Oculus sure wasn't helping. Oh dear Lord, please do not let me relapse because of body odor. My sense of taste had been doing pretty well the last couple of weeks. 

I'm not going to get sentimental, since you know, I literally can't anymore. I'm glad Gage had a nice birthday, and he's still got Dave and Buster's to look forward to. 

Ah, fourteen. I'm glad I'm not fourteen anymore. 

Comments