Skip to main content

i'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Who wants a hug from an unvaccinated person?? This is my favorite coffee cup at the moment. My mom gave it to me on my birthday, and I love it because it it enormous. When my coffee maker tells me it makes 12 cups of coffee, it's really making only 3.

My brain is finally coming back. ::knock on wood:: I think it's maybe back to around 80% now. It feels like catching that cold from Owsley reset something in my brain. I feel more connected to myself and a little smarter than I have in the past seven months. My short term memory is getting better, and I can actually recall a string of three of four words or numbers, when I definitely could not do that last month. I was thrilled when I could remember the password for the accounting computer at the food bank. However, there are still some times when I can't remember what temperature and time setting to cook foods that I've been cooking for years. Or I don't remember rules to games that Owsley and I play regularly. Or I will do absolutely mindless things like unloading groceries and trying to put them in the dishwasher. So there's definitely still a little brain damage in there. 

I think mayyyybeeee I am starting to feel things again. Last night I was getting the mail and as I walked back up the driveway the clouds were arranged in a way that took my breath away and made me feel emotional like I used to. So who knows. I do not want to jinx myself. Maybe it was the cold, maybe it was time. Either way, it is nice to be aware of changes in my brain function. It was probably prayer too. I know lots of people were praying for my brain. 

I am also doing much better at putting together verbal sentences. Sometimes I still don't remember a word, but my brain seems to be able to process that faster and come up with a replacement word, so there's not that blank gap where I just sit there with my mouth wide open. 

Unfortunately my vision loss doesn't seem to be getting better and I've started wearing Owsley's old glasses when we watch a movie or when I drive and it's dark or rainy. I probably just need to go have my own eye exam. At least I got seven years of perfect vision, and at least my vision is like 20/40 right now and not legally blind like I was before. I'll take what I can get. It's all about perspective. I do still have a hard time reading books. I can read a little better now, but it takes so much longer that it used to. Pre-covid I could finish an entire book in an afternoon. Now I'm lucky if I can finish it in two weeks. 

I am still mostly cold all of them time. It's like 80 degrees right now and I'm wearing a sweatshirt. My temperature is regularly around 96.5, so something internally happened to make me cold. Kind of like how the ocean is just a couple degrees warmer and it's stressing out the marine life and their ecosystems. My arthritis and inflammation now seems to only be directly related to my menstrual cycle, which is a huge change because I used to feel it every single day, although that might have gone hand in hand with the winter months. I guess I wait and see. 

Two positives are that my daily headaches that I had pre-covid haven't returned and that I am still pretty calm about everything. I wouldn't mind if those things stuck around for good. 

Comments