Skip to main content

more flags, more fun

Peppy ordered us a new coffee maker. Our last one was literally dying. I had to stand beside it for 10 minutes and press 'start' every 30 seconds because it would shut itself off. Now I feel like a lady of luxury, because my coffee is already ready for me when my body decides to wake up at 5:30. He also ordered a new coffee grinder that grinds itself!  Modern technology. It's killing us, but it can also be pretty dang convenient. 

Owsley and I went to Six Flags again on Wednesday. Maybe they get busier on the weekends, but if week days are any indicator of how much revenue they are bringing in, they might not be able to stay open for too much longer. Plus, I think a majority of the people there are passholders because most people I see have the  annual refillable mugs. When we got on Batman we were legitimately the only two people. It got slightly busier as the day went on, but Six Flags will never be back to what it was when I was a kid. Maybe some of the other locations are still just as busy, but not Georgia. 

Peppy is afraid that by the time he gets to go back with us the novelty will have worn off, but I don't think that's true. As a former child with a season pass to an amusement park, I was happy to go every single week. Some of Owsley's personality had begun to quieten over the past 18 months. I'm sure he's not the only child that has been affected mentally. (Adults too.) Since things have opened back up around here, I can see him coming back to life. I want to take advantage of this as much as possible because I am very curious as to what is going to happen in the fall, or when flu season is back in full swing. Alabama's Governor put out a statement yesterday saying that we should start blaming the unvaccinated. So we unvaccinated better be moving around while we can. 

When our turn off on the interstate is approaching, I turn on "We Like to Party" that they used to use in the Six Flags commercials because I am a big nerd, and because it sets the mood. 

Owsley got me on the these huge swings. I usually have a problem with things going in circles, but this didn't bother me. Neither of the water rides were open because we've had so much rain lately that they were actually flooded. 
Two hours in and Owsley's sandal broke. We found a gift shop and searched for any shoes in his size and there was absolutely nothing. Actually, we found one single shoe, without it's mate. Unfortunately it was not for the foot Owsley needed, or else I would have asked if they would sell me the single shoe. So in the end he wore my shoes (that were the same style as his broken ones) and I bought the cheapest pair of flip flops I could find in the closest size to my foot, which was still a men's 11, and my feet are a 9. I have a nasty blister on my right foot where the plastic goes between your toes. Oh well, sometimes you gotta buck up and take one for the team.
On Monster Mansion one of the workers wasn't distributing the weight evenly in each boat and those people in front of us got stuck. It became like a train because there were 9 other boats stuck behind us. It was actually pretty funny. It's nice and cool in there, so it was an interesting little break. We all started cheering when the people moved from seat to seat until the weight was even and we began moving again. 

Just a general observation, do young girls not wear actual shorts anymore? I think I don't pay attention to a lot of things most of the time, but when you're in line with someone it becomes harder not to people watch. And maybe they just have phenomenal self esteem, but I saw so many tween and teenage girls wearing crop tops and bralettes and lycra shorts that were (no joke) maybe an inch longer than underwear. I generally feel pretty young inside, but there is an old person in there somewhere because I thought once or twice, "Someone let you out of the house like that??" I think maybe lots of people just have way more self esteem than I ever have. Get with the times, grandma, this is how people dress now. I did read this article  yesterday about how people are wearing the clothes they reserved for pool parties out in public now. So that was interesting timing.

We're supposed to go back with my brother again next month. If it was up to Owsley I think we'd go every single week. And I'm not going to lie, I do love having this thing that is just the two of us most of the time. I know it won't last forever, so I'm savoring it while I can. 

Comments