Skip to main content

a house divided

There is nothing quite as devastating as the body of Christ arguing. There are many divisions in this world, but when it comes to God's family, we should be able to have discussions and disagreements without completely shutting people out or treating them with disrespect. I mean, we should be treating every single person we come across with dignity, but if we can't even treat the other members of the body the way we would like to be treated, there is a huge problem.

I've lost lots friends throughout the past six years as a Christian, a few that I considered very close. I have lost even more over the past eighteen months as I have become more vocal in not only my passion for Christ, but also in what I believe to be going on in the world. I appreciate those of you who come back every day to read these random musings and sometimes manic thoughts. On some level it does bother me a little that people hate me based on just what I believe, because I don't hate anyone, no matter what they believe. Actually, child molesters. I have a hard time with that one, but at the same time I think that anyone that abuses a child was probably abused as a child, and I try to have mercy with that part. I'm sure that can destroy a person. Anyway, this post is not about pedophiles. Although in a way my heart hurts for them, because what a struggle to try and overcome. Attraction to children. I can understand most addictions, but that's one I just cannot wrap my head around.

Anyway.....I feel like the Lord has probably been preparing me my whole life to be ok being a loner. To not mind being different from others and the black sheep in most situations. I am full of empathy for others, but I do have a very thick skin and it is virtually impossible to offend me. Maybe that's a gift. Anyway, I do find it providental that I have been pretty content being a loner. The Lord has brought special people into my life, but I've never felt like I needed to prove myself to anyone. What you see is what you get.  I've never felt the need to fit in or be popular, and I believe this is going to be helpful for the future.

Today I experienced two people that I respect as Christians get into it. There was screaming and tears. This was not my fight, but I could hear it through the walls and it was disturbing to me. When I got home I noticed my favorite youtube channel AOC had uploaded and Jerran was talking about something similar. (Although the argument that I overheard was not about the mark of the beast. And just for the record, I do not believe this covid gene therapy is the mark.) 

Listen, friends, as life gets harder and more difficult, we must lean on each other and not 'break up' over disagreements, especially if it is not in regards to salvation. We need to come together over our love for our Savior. This is pride, when we cannot humble ourselves to at least listen to the other person's perspective. How did we get here, to this place where we can not have respectful discussions? 

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. -Ephesians 6:12    

Our enemy is not of this world. Our enemies are not our brothers and sisters in Christ. A house divided will not stand. Jesus said that. We cannot be divided. 

Comments