Skip to main content

are people getting angrier?

Ah, another early morning rambling post. These tend to be all over the place, but some mornings it feels like it helps kickstart my brain before I read the bible. 

I've seen lots of little news stories about random violent acts. Ten fires were started in a neighboring city this past weekend. I've seen a news article about a machete fight in Walmart, fist fight in Ihop, and shooting in Kroger. Multiple fights break out at a Six Flags. Otters are even abnormally attacking people and animals in Alaska. Are these typical acts of angst, or is something more sinister at play here? 

I just don't know. I do know that children often act out when they aren't getting enough attention. Could these be acts of lost and confused people, responding in the only way they know that makes sense to them? When people are scared, or feel backed into a corner, they will act out of anger and violence, like a frightened animal. I mean, humans are animals after all. 

I know that after 18 months of this, people are exhausted, confused, and fearful. Yesterday at the food bank one of the ladies mentioned that three people she goes to church with, who were vaccinated in January, have come down with coronavirus. Which, in her mind, meant that boosters were absolutely necessary, and that we needed to go back to the precautions of the beginning of the pandemic. In my mind, at the very least this means they are not effective in the way they were advertised to us. They want us connected to a subscription service of boosters shots, jabbing into our veins who knows what, for the rest of our lives. Because please tell me that by now you do realize this isn't going away. 

We had a client needing utility assistance. She sat in her car and did a phone interview because her husband has had covid, although she hasn't. The volunteers insisted we lysol her paperwork and then clorox down the copy machine after copies of her utility bill and paperwork were made. Isn't this a bit of overkill? I mean, seriously. I know I have thought some wild stuff before, but this seems like absolute insanity. I know many of them probably think I'm the crazy one because I don't make use of the masks or disposable gloves, and I don't seem scared to talk to a maskless person. So I do try to remind myself that in their eyes I am the insane one. 

I have come to believe that people can get longhaul symptoms from the vaccine too. So maybe between the actual virus and the vaccine, there are more people than we realize walking around  in a fog, feeling like a completely different person than they used to be. I know I'm dealing with apathy, but many in the long haul community (as well as actual humans that I interact with in real life) have told me that after the virus/vaccine they were more irrational than normal, or they felt like their emotions were completely out of their control. 

So are all these acts of violence an organic result of psychological trauma over the past year and a half, or are we somehow being mentally manipulated? Because those patents do exist. Patents to remotely control our brains, as well as patents claiming the technology to emotionally manipulate us through our tvs and computers. Probably a combination of both.

We have to stick together. We can't continue to become divided between the vaccinated and unvaccinated. This is about power and money and control, not about a virus. There are darker powers at play here. We can only do what we think is right for our own family, and not point fingers at the next guy. Every single one of has been played, and if my suspicions are correct, every single one of us is slowly being poisoned by this. Mentally, physically, and spiritually. We have to make a conscious effort to see past the lies and propaganda. Continue to love everyone, no matter how different your views might be. Spread kindness. Spread courage over fear. 

Comments