Skip to main content

anti-social media

Thank you, fortune cookie. Sometimes I do wonder.

I don't know what to think about yesterday's brief social media blackout. No one in my house uses social media other than the kids' discord accounts. I haven't had a facebook account in almost ten years, and I legitimately have zero urge to log into instagram anymore, so I had no clue that there was even a blackout going on until I heard about it on the radio yesterday afternoon. I can imagine influencers and MLM boss babes obsessively refreshing their apps yesterday. What do you do when you suddenly cannot post every waking thought for your hoards of followers?

I do find it a little suspicious that the World Economic Forum held their Cyber Polygon cyber attack simulation three months ago. Reminds me of how the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation held their coronavirus simulation in October 2019, and then WHAM- covid. Oh, but that's just coincidence, right?

I don't know if yesterday was a distraction from the pandora papers, a deliberate attempt at even more draconian censorship, or a personal attack against the shell of Mark Zuckerberg, but I'm pretty confident that it served some sort of purpose. 

I do believe there will be more internet blackouts in our future. I think this is only the beginning. Just like our chemical addictions, it's probably best to not be too dependent on social media anyway. Go have a real life conversation instead. 

Comments