Skip to main content

early morning stream of consciousness

There is a major city about an hour from where we live. During the weekends Peppy will often uber in that city. Last night he called me and said he had three rides in a row that were leaving the airport due to cancelled flights. The media is reporting these flights cancelled due to weather, which is a lie. Flights across America are being cancelled because the pilots, crew and other Southwest employees are refusing to comply to the vaccine mandates, and therefore they are short of staff and cannot pilot all the scheduled flights. Over the weekend the company cancelled 1800 flights (28% of its schedule.)

The pilots and crew are saying no, and in order to save face the Southwest Airlines company wants to blame it on the weather. To put in perspective, there were other airlines that cancelled flights due to weather, but it was only about 4%. 

I am glad that these pilots and crew members are standing up for what they believe in. I hope and pray that others are inspired to follow their instinct and not succumb to false narratives and the media. I do wonder what this means. Pilots cannot be easily replaced. My brother and dad are both pilots, and they didn't wake up one day and decide just to fly a plane.

Who in the transportation industry is next? Amtrak cancelled two of its trains yesterday due to unforeseen crew issues, although who knows if that means workers not showing up or not. 

What is the fallout going to be from millions of people losing their jobs and livelihoods for not playing vaccine roulette? We thought the last two years were bad enough, but we are about to head into new territory. It seems like covid is allowed to take a back burner during the holiday season (so polite for a virus!) and then ramps back up once the holidays have settled down. To be honest with you, I'm not too excited for winter this year. More shortages and empty shelves in grocery stores. Rolling blackouts and cyber attacks. These will somehow be blamed on the unvaccinated. I wonder if the vaccinated will be more susceptible to the flu and colds. Or maybe nothing will happen. It feels like this weird limbo, where we are all just waiting for the other shoe to drop. It doesn't even really seem like coronavirus is huge news anymore. Now it's just about vaccines and mandates.

I've noticed an increase in cancers returning in people I know, as well as an increase in random deaths that are not from covid. I used to hear about someone I know dying maybe every month or so, but now I hear of someone I know dying almost every single week. It is usually a heart related problem. We all know that both the actual virus and the vaccine can cause heart inflammation, so I guess it's no surprise that deaths are on the rise. 

Soon  the unvaccinated will be equal to terrorism, although I'm sure this will all depend on where you live. I could imagine a civil war or even WW3 on the horizon. I've never been so thankful to not live in a big city, or even a neighborhood. I guess I'm also pretty thankful that my emotions are cauterized. 

Comments