Skip to main content

i've crushed the skulls of thousands with my hula hoop

Here's a break from my typical end of the world posts. Just because. I'm in a mood today. I feel taken advantage of and pulled in a hundred directions at the same time. I was in a mood yesterday too, but it was a different kind of mood. Yesterday was this impending doom feeling. There was a solar flare yesterday, and if I were to get all woo on you, I'd tell you that there are studies claiming things like this can greatly affect your mood. I left the food bank and went into Hometown and impulsively bought a cookie cake, just because. When I got home I must have had a look on my face, because Owsley asked if I would be sharing my cookie cake or if I bought it just for me. 

I enjoy hula hooping. I've been doing it for about ten years now. I'm definitely not one of those graceful hoopers who do cool tricks or anything like that, but it is my favorite form of exercise. Sometimes I'll turn on a documentary or devotional. Sometimes I turn on music, and sometimes (mostly this year) I just zone out and spin in circles until I'm really dizzy. I'm actually really good at it and don't even really have to think about what I'm doing anymore. Sometimes Owsley and I even play this game called Hooligan Hoop, where he has to make his way through obstacle courses while I attempt to attack him with my circular tube.

Sunday morning Owsley comes from my parent's house with this bondage torture device thing for me. A gift from my mother.
                   
Looks dangerous. I tried it, and it just seemed....off, so I looked it up and apparently this particular hoop has gone viral on some of the exercising tiktok accounts. I learned that I was actually supposed to remove a few of the links so that it rests securely on my body. I ended up taking off five links and it just seemed too easy. Like hooping for the world's laziest person. It does make a cool clicking sound though. It reminds me a little of a skip-it, and I think it could be used as a weapon in certain situations.

I think the best bet with this particular 'hoop' would be to take out (or add) enough links for it to snuggly fit around your hips or love handles. It legitimately might take inches off of those areas if you were motivated to use this hoop about 30 minutes every day. But in order to see results with hooping you have to be consistent. 

We could also play a human tetherball game.
Or you can always stack them up and use two at a time. I'm gonna hoop my mood away.

Comments