Skip to main content

There's no place like home

Ah, the beautiful sound of silence. I actually slept the first four hours of the drive back home. It was nothing short of amazing. 

This Thanksgiving was a little different. The last six years we've gone to Florida to visit Peppy's dad and stepmom for Thanksgiving. This past summer Peppy's aunt and uncle also moved to Florida from Arizona, and another aunt and uncle also joined us this year. So our little group turned into a larger gathering, and I felt like I constantly had to be "on." 

The third night we were there I went to bed at 8 pm. I literally could not stay awake another moment. I don't know why people drain me so much, and I definitely do not understand nonstop conversations. Who has that much to say? Not me. I'm sure I probably come off as a snob at times, but I know myself, and I know when I need to break away and be alone. I would never want to be deaf, but the world is sometimes such a loud place for me. I often feel like I cannot relate to the things that make life enjoyable to most people. 

Anyway.....

We did have a nice time, although it was much colder than previous years. We only went to the beach once, and we didn't stay longer than an hour because it was so windy. We walked trails, went on kayak rides, played games, and walked on this Christmas light trail that we weren't told about, so no one in my family had adequate clothing. It was cold. Very, very cold.

The last night was my favorite because it was just my family and Brian and Sigi. Sigi has this idea for a website called "New in Town," so we were brainstorming ideas and Owsley helped her set some things up. We also played Catch Phrase, which is a favorite of ours whenever we get together. 

And now we get to return home where I cannot wait to turn on my heat blanket and get under my flannel sheets. I wonder if Frankie missed us. 
These are terrifying. 
Nothing says Christmas quite like dinosaurs!

Comments