Skip to main content

can we bring back the 'no fear' shirts?

There seems to be a spirit of fear hovering over the world like a mist. It has been foggy the past few mornings, and that is how I imagine the fear. You can only see in front of you. You cannot see what is coming up next or might be looming ahead. Fear makes people behave irrationally. It makes them angry and anxious, which is an easy equation for control. People who previously seemed so level-headed are doing uncharacteristic things. People are quick to offer death wishes to anyone who doesn't agree with them or think like they do. After the last two years, many people are now living with debilitating mental health issues, suicidal ideations, and fear of the unknown. It's a weird, weird time to be alive. To be cognizant of the slow attempt to change humanity, while many still do not see. It's like sleep paralysis, when you are trying so hard to move, but everything feels like jello, and all you can do is watch in horror as that shadow creature comes towards you. 

I told a friend earlier this week (or maybe last week. Time is weird for me now.) Anyway, I told my friend that I believe as mothers of this generation of children, we have to show them we are courageous and peaceful. Our kids can pick up on our emotions and moods, and if we are living peacefully, they will have no reason to be afraid. Scared parents are going to raise either insecure and timid children, or angry and violent ones. This extends past parenthood though. As Christians we should be showing the world that we are living fearlessly in every situation.

Fear doesn't come from the Lord. As followers of Christ, we literally have NO reason to be living in fear. We should live with an understanding that there is absolutely zero need for us to hold onto anything in this life. We can let it all go and live in the supernatural peace that passes all understanding. I know I don't understand it, but I know it is in me, and it's not because I'm some naturally fearless person. It is a gift from the Lord, that he promises to all who seek him out. 

I am not saying that you will never have another worry or care in your life if you follow Christ. But I am saying that he will give you a new heart and a new mind. The scales will be ripped from you eyes. The veil will be lifted. Your priorities will shift and you will see the truth, and the truth will set you free. True freedom. Not freedom as in the freedoms of a citizen of earth, but spiritual freedom. 

Yesterday I was called resilient because I told our food bank director there was no need for him to clorox down the phone before he gave it back to me. I thought resilient was a bit strong for that particular situation, but I often forget that many people are not living the same reality that I am.

Resilient : 1)capable of withstanding shock without permanent deformation, or 2) tending to recover from or adjust easily to misfortune or change. 

Natural Deanna is not very resilient. I am a creature of habit and am dependent on my routines and structure. The Lord and his peace are what make me resilient. I couldn't live courageously without him. 

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. 1 John 4:18

For I, the LORD your God, hold your right hand. It is I who says, "Fear not, I am the one who helps you." Isaiah 41:13

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. -Jesus Luke 14:27

For the Spirit God gave us does not make us fearful, but gives us power, love and self-control. 2 Timothy 1:7

Comments