Skip to main content

coronavirus: round two- fight!

My cat might think she is a human baby. I had to buy her a different bag of food this week and she is legitimately protesting. I never thought an animal would become a food snob over a $4 bag of Meow Mix, but that is what she wants. My brother's cat is also addicted to Meow Mix, so maybe they put catnip in it or something. 

We didn't really tell anyone, but we all had Omicron over a month ago. We probably would have never even known if Peppy hadn't taken a rapid test to go to a concert. (With the amount of rapid tests that he's taken, I basically consider Peppy vaccinated at this point. I feel bad for anyone who has had to regularly take them for school or work, because there is NO WAY these are safe for you. Maybe once is ok, but repeated use in your nasal cavities cannot be good for you. And I am fairly certain that there is something on these swabs. I have yet to take a nasal test. Peppy has bought us tickets for a bunch of concerts this summer, so I might end up having to take a test in the future, but I'm pretty happy to have made it this far without succumbing to nasal penetration.)

Anyway, in relation to the strain the kids and I got back in December 2020, Omicron was pretty tame for all of us. One morning I woke up with a bad headache and a stopped up nose. By the afternoon Gage had mirrored symptoms. Two days later we both woke up feeling completely fine, only to find out Peppy was feeling bad, followed shortly by Owsley. Same deal for them. Two days of a stopped up nose and it was over. I hadn't been following the symptoms of Omicron so I didn't even realize it was supposed to be so much shorter, and I never made the connection. (Maybe at one point I knew this and just forgot. I often feel like my common sense is severely lacking, so that also might contribute to not connecting the dots. Sometimes there are very basic things that don't make sense to me in the moment.) 

None of us ever had a fever and we weren't fatigued. Peppy continued working, the kids did their schoolwork, and one day I cleaned the entire house. Fortunately we didn't have anything going on that week anyway, so we were home the whole time. I'm not even going to try to figure out where or who we got it from, because it seems like everyone was sick in North Alabama last month. Is contact tracing even a thing anymore? I don't know.

This is only my personal anecdote and I know people firsthand that have had different experience. But for us, this version felt like a super fast sinus infection compared to what I had last time that left me with a head so heavy I could barely hold it up and the urge to nap every 30 minutes. In fact, right now I have a plethora of energy and you can often find me dancing, many times without music playing. 

Here's to natural immunity. Cheers.

Comments