Skip to main content

morning stream of consciousness

*I booked our trip to Universal yesterday. I waited too long and all of the cheaper rooms at Portofino were booked and only Club Level ($100 more per night) was available. At first I was angry because when will I ever learn not to procrastinate? Of all of my old traits that have lingered since my covid personality change, why, oh why, did this one have to stick around? Ugh. I hate it. Back in school I did my best work under pressure. I know I am a procrastinator at my core and that is ok. But when it affects my family and those around me, I hate it. Anyway, we are trying a different *fancy* resort this time. And while we all were excited go back to Portofino, it will be cool to experience another luxury hotel, because that is not something we generally do. Instead of Italy, this time we head to Indonesia! You know, as long as life continues until May. We've all learned that things can change in the blink of an eye. 

One of our favorite rides, The Mummy, will be down for refurbishment, which stinks. "Death is only the beginning," has become an inside joke in our house. Fortunately since Gage willingly decided to ride most of the stuff at Six Flags this past summer, he claims he will at least try the three coasters (Velocicoaster, Rip Ride Rocket, the Hulk) that he wouldn't try on our last Universal trip. This is exciting because we always had to split up for those rides and I really do think Gage will enjoy them. 

*Gage has been attending a chess club at a local library. He enjoys it, but unfortunately he is the only one there his age. He has no problem playing against adults, in fact, he usually wins. He is very, very good. But I think it would be good for him to be around more kids his own age, so I'm looking for a bigger chess club for him. Plus, he wants to sign up to compete in some tournaments. Owsley and I usually hang out in the library during the club, and I was browsing through some books that were on sale for a quarter. I ended up buying the entire True Blood book series for under $3. I read these back when I was pregnant with Owsley. They are an easy read, so I know I can probably handle it. I started reading the first book and I could easily remember the face of each character from the tv series. It is crazy how I can quickly recall older events but I can't remember new stuff.

*Last night Peppy and I were watching the Ricky Gervais show After Life. At one point I was startled because warm tears were streaming down my face, but I didn't feel any emotion attached to it. I don't think I will ever get used to that. My body is physiologically doing what it should, but there is literally no emotion attached. I try to stay out of the longhaul subreddit because it does no good other than killing time. The last time I checked it out I read someone's experience with trying the amino acid DLPA to help increase dopamine production. I ended up ordering some that should arrive today and maybe it will work. If not, I'm done with these supplements. I never thought I'd have a tub of vitamins and supplements. It is not that they don't work, because many of them do. But they aren't a miracle. I really, really, really would like to feel an adrenaline surge on a rollercoaster again. (Although just thinking about riding Hagrid's again allows me to feel this tiny spark in my chest. At least I know the feelings are still there. They are just buried deeeeeeeep inside. Who wouldn't get excited to ride a flying motorcycle?!)

*Last week I cut some inches off the bottom of my hair. Between that, taking biotin, and a better shampoo and conditioner, my hair is looking (and feeling) a lot better. I even have a bunch of new baby hair growth at my hair line. Due to the dry air and the heat being on so much it is extremely staticy though. I have been running dryer sheets over it because sometimes it looks like I stuck a fork in an electric socket. 

*We took Frankie to get fixed last Friday. They told us to keep her inside for two weeks. It has almost been a week and she has healed very quickly. I was only able to trick her into taking her first pain pill, but she hasn't seemed to be in any pain and the only problem she really has is wanting to go play outside. We had to give in and put a litter box in the laundry room and fortunately we haven't had any problems with her learning to use that. 

And that is literally everything that has been going on over here.

Comments