Skip to main content

morning stream of consciousness

I haven't paid any attention to the news in over a week. Trying to give my brain the great reset. Some people who don't really understand the brain fog/damage from covid will insist that too much stimulation causes our dopamine receptors to be out of whack. So they suggest you do a social media and internet fast. Well, I haven't had any social media since mid last year. It was actually my lack of dopamine that made instagram become so unappealing. "Why am I even doing this? I am getting nothing out of this. This is nothing but a project of vanity." So I could check that one off the list. 

After my post about the news killing us, I decided I better practice what I preach. And do you know what I discovered? (Aside from it not changing my dopamine in the slightest, which I didn't believe it would. At least not in my case. It would probably have a better effect on someone with a normally working brain.) I have realized that the news is like a Friday on a soap opera. You can skip out on it entirely all week long, and then watch on the last day of the week and find out everything you need to know. 

It was nice not paying attention. Yesterday I did scroll through the news and I wonder if we are close to nuclear war. It really does feel like the last two years have been Groundhog Day over and over, and then suddenly everything happens all at once. Gas prices are skyrocketing, and the same groceries that cost me $100 a week in December now cost $140 a week. 

I hope the fact that the war in Ukraine has pretty much killed off covid is a wake up call for many. There used to be so many posts on reddit conspiracy asking if we could stop talking about covid and go back to other conspiracies. Now all the posts are either about Russia and Ukraine or people lamenting can we go back to the 'good old covid days.'

Yesterday the director at the food bank told me that maybe what I see as a negative (my brain) is actually a positive because I am evolving to the next step of humanity. This sounds like something a droid would say. He does take rapid tests every single week, so those hydra vulgaris might have a tight grid on his mind right now. Hard pass, Elon Musk. You won't get your neuralink in me. I'll take my dying brain over becoming a cyborg any day. If this is what humans are evolving into, it is a major step backwards, and I want absolutely no part in it. There are fates much, much worse than death. In fact, sometimes I have a hard time understanding why people hang on to this life so much, especially if they are christians. We have faith there is something better. 

I did read an article that suggested maybe those who were so affected by mental issues after covid were people who already had the Alzheimer's gene. That is definitely not out of the realm of possibility. Other articles claim that covid shrinks your brain and causes one year of cognitive decline. That is laughable, because my brain didn't age one year. It might have shrunk and caused major cognitive decline, but there is no way that this is only one year of accelerated aging. 

I am trying. Oh Lord, you know I am trying the best I can. Sometimes I feel like writing a memoir titled, "This is a Tragedy." Can I be melodramatic or what? I might have lived my best life in a time period where I could have a fainting couch, and cocaine, chloroform and heroin were readily dispensensed to hysterical women. 

Comments