Skip to main content

certain as the sun rising in the east

Day four of Wellbutrin. I've been chronicling my day to day changes, but something significant happened this morning. 

My sister-in-law went back to work today after her maternity leave, and a couple family members have volunteered days of the week to watch Lincoln. Today is my day. He's just sleeping right now, but I might be exhausted by 4 pm. I hope he doesn't freak out when my big head greets him when he wakes up. It has been a long, long time since I had a small baby for a whole day. The parenting gadgets are way more advanced than they were 15 years ago!

Anyway, I left my house around 6 and was headed east. I got to see the sunrise, and it was so beautiful that it brought me tears. I could taste the colors too, which is something that I had completely forgotten I could do. It was all pastel pinks and fiery golden purples and blues, one of my favorite combinations that occurs in nature. It reminded me of the last time I saw something so beautiful. We had just gotten to the beach house (yes, the coronavirus beach house) and the sun was setting on the ocean, and I remember thinking that I had never seen the gulf look so much like a postcard.

The interesting thing about this beautiful sunrise was that I still didn't feel from my heart, although I was much more consciously aware of the beauty than I normally would have been. I told Peppy yesterday that things seem more vibrant and not as flat. 

Memory is still bleh and typing this up on my phone (is it really 'typing on a phone? I dung think so,) I had to pause to think of certain words I wanted to use like 'combination' and 'chronicle.' But things do seem less fuzzy. I'm still in early days. Four days is not much, but considering for over a year now I haven't been able to evoke tears from sad songs or movies, I think something is happening. That teeny dopamine droplets are finding each other and forming into a really useful engine. 

Oh, and the tension has left my body. Tension that I didn't even know I was carrying around until it was noticeably absent. Placebo or not, I am not even going to question it, because my body feels so much lighter. I think my body was constantly in fight or flight mode, even if I wasn't physically able to feel it. 

Comments