Skip to main content

early morning stream of consciousness

I've been busy this week. The food bank, dentist appointment, psychiatrist appointment, babysitting my nephew, packing and getting together last minute stuff for our trip, and finding my mom a Mother's Day present because we won't be back home until the day before. Last weekend I actually typed up a post about why I hate Mother's Day for various reasons, but then I deleted it instead of publishing it. 

My brothers and I chipped in and got my mom this smart frame for Mother's Day. She is so hard to shop for because she doesn't have many hobbies and she already owns whatever she wants. I thought this was a cool idea because all three of us can download the app and send pictures straight to her frame in real time. Owsley and I set it up yesterday- he is 100% more tech savvy than I am. It is really cool and I think she will like it. And I feel pretty good that I had the foresight to order this before the last minute. I guess this means the meds are working.

My doctor switched up my prescription from 150 IR to 300 XR and I'm not sure whether I like it or not, because it has actually made me sleepy the first two days that I took it. Although this could be due to it being my period week, where medication seems to be virtually useless, or because of allergies. I know I said in a previous post that I thought my seasonal allergies had vanished, and maybe early spring ones have, but I ended my cold only to be met with insane allergies at whatever is currently blooming. My yard is so beautiful and we can't see our neighbors' houses anymore, but man am I looking forward to being in Florida and breathing in some different air. I know all four of us experience immediate relief the further south we travel. I guess the real test will be next week. At least when I was sick I somehow tricked my body into going back to sleep whenever I woke up at 2:30, and I've been sleeping until 5 all this week. Seven hours of sleep a night sounds better than 4.5.

There's a house on the other side, but you can't see it. We are back in our tree dome and I LOVE it.
Last night Owsley and I watched some POV videos for Universal coasters after dark. It is strange that we are leaving tomorrow and I don't have that excited 'going on vacation feeling,' even though I know I am excited. And I guess maybe because time doesn't make sense to me anymore, the fact that we are so close to our trip doesn't make sense to me either. I don't know. I try to explain it the best I can, but I'm sure it still seems unfathomable. I did feel my heart squeeze in happiness a few times this past week, and that is a sensation that hasn't been felt in over a year. I was driving home yesterday, flipping through the stations and I got distracted and it was left on a classic rock station with Aerosmith on. 

"It's amazing. With the blink of an eye, you finally see the light. It's amazing, when the moment arrives you know you'll be alright." 

Suddenly I'm crying happy tears because I am ok. I will be alright. And that was when I thought, "Ok, this is normal for old Deanna to cry over dorky things. This is good. This is a good, good thing."

You have to learn to crawl before you learn to walk.

It is just this inner knowing that I have, but don't trust Elon Musk. I tell Peppy all the time that there are certain people/events that I am not drawn to, while there are other things that seem to have neon lights attracting me like a moth. (I truly believe this is a result of daily prayer for truth and understanding of what is going on in the world.) Elon Musk has always given me the feeling of "do not trust this man." And now you've got all the conservatives excited about twitter and freedom of speech. Elon is just a man with a lot of money. Having a lot of money just means that people will listen to you. It doesn't mean you're anything special. And I am a little concerned that if people are so enamored with him right now, it will be so much easier to slide right into this transhumanism agenda. 

This is completely unrelated, but these two pictures really emphasize how much hair I have lost. Oh well, at least I had a lot to start out with. I know not everyone has been that lucky. 


Comments