Skip to main content

three things

1. This is....Fuggler. He showed up sometime early last week and is clearly a stray kitten. I don't know if he was separated from his family or if he is just the only one still alive, but I know he was looking for someone because of his mournful mewling the first few days. And even though he decided immediately that he lived under our carport, he clearly didn't want anything to do with people. I think he just wanted to stay here because we have many random cats come and go, such as Stankie, Dankie, Weasel, Hitler and Blackie Chan. 

Owsley came and sat with him (or as close as Fuggler would allow) once he stopped running away every time he saw us, and since then he seems to have imprinted on Owsley. Owsley is his person. The cat has a bobbed tail and he often looks like he's smiling. None of the big cats bother him, but none of them are really interested in taking a kitten under their wing either. 

2. This is my box of beautiful truffles from Aldi. Aldi has the best chocolate, most of it coming from Germany. I don't think I'll ever settle for a Hershey bar again. And it is very reasonably priced too. Most of their chocolate is under $2 and these truffles were around $4. The only sad tasting ones are those pink ones. They are strawberry rhubarb. Some freaks on reddit said they wish they could find boxes of only the rhubarb ones. Covid has eaten everyone's brains. These are so good. I'll bite into a random one and give the other half to Peppy, and it really is a tiny little feel good moment during the day. 
3. I've babysat my nephew the past two Mondays. We read a lot of books, go for walks, and dance and sing. I don't know if it is because I'm older, or maybe because this is not my child and I don't have a million tasks I should be doing while my baby sleeps, but it is a much more laid back experience than when my kids were newborns. I don't mind sitting and holding him the entire time he sleeps if that is what I have to do, because I know there aren't a sinkful of dishes to wash, clothes to fold, or a toddler to occupy. I can just sit and be with him, and that is nice. Sometimes I just look at him like a creep when he's sleeping and think, "He has no wrinkles. He is so fresh and smooth." But mostly I look at him and think, "He has no worries. And he is secure." Babies don't realize how lucky they have it. 
I have found a few shows to stream so on days he won't nap in his bassinet I can binge something. I have been watching the true crime 'The Girl from Plainville' and 'Nine Perfect Strangers.' I remember when the case for the Plainville show went to trial. I've really been enjoying that show. I read 'Nine Perfect Strangers' years ago. It is a pretty good show as well. It is hard for me to find things to watch because it all seems the same. Like, the same plot only a different cast and setting. Nothing is new or original. If I have nothing to do I'd rather just sit in silence. 

I read 40% of a book, but then I didn't read for a few days and just didn't care about it anymore. I am on my 10 day streak on duolingo though, and I hope I will keep that up. 



Comments