Skip to main content

And I'm not frightened of dying. Any time will do.

I've been obsessed with the supernatural, paranormal and anything weird, morbid or occultic since early childhood, but I didn't really get into conspiracy mode until I was around twelve or thirteen. I remember hearing Another Brick in the Wall (Thanks VH1 and Movies that Rock) and it was like a major paradigm shift took place in my brain. I had always had trouble staying motivated and concentrating in school and hearing this song made everything click in place to me for the first time in my life.

Why were we learning what we were learning? Who decided what was important to know? Are we all being brainwashed? What if history as we know it isn't even true? What if none of this even matters? Unless you were going to school for some lucrative career, I began to see college as a trap, a lifetime of bondage to student loans. I began to see humans as cogs in a machine, ignorant marionettes who didn't see the master pulling the puppet strings. And by the way, who was this master puppeteer that was manipulating us? 

I was suddenly opened to the world of Pink Floyd. My older brother owned lots of their albums and his Dodge Daytona was where I learned many of their songs. I really cool thing about Pink Floyd is that although much of  their music was written before I was born, the words are still so relevant today.

Peppy and I have seen Brit Floyd three or four times and they always put on an amazing show. Even though they play some of Pink Floyd's best hits, they also sprinkle in other songs and change up the lasers and visuals so that it feels like a new show every time. I missed seeing them when they didn't tour during covid and was glad to see they were touring again. I've listened to a lot of Pink Floyd, and even I have a hard time differentiating between live Pink Floyd verses live Brit Floyd.
Just like with the Smashing Pumpkins, the bass and the speakers thumped into my chest, providing me with a false feeling of adrenaline. It was not an unpleasant feeling, and it almost made me feel normal. 

We go see Weird Al with the kids in August and our seats are in the same place as last night. It was a great spot. Two great concerts over the course of three nights. I'm glad we went to both. 
 
Did you see the frightened ones? Did you hear the falling bombs? Did you ever wonder why we had to run to shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath the big blue sky?

Goodbye, blue sky, Good bye, blue sky. Goodbye.

Comments