Skip to main content

labrabull? pitador?

This is Sheldon. He's a two year old pitbull labrador retriever mix. We met him today and I'm pretty sure he'll be coming home with us sometime next week. We've been promising Owsley that we would get a dog for a while now. He had been looking online at all the shelters in a 100 mile radius for a dog that fit our specific criteria. Must be: housetrained, good with cats, not super crazy energetic or aggressive. Bonus points for being neutered, microchipped and the fact that he's a fairly big dude. 

Today we met up with his foster mom. She gave us the lowdown and he really does seem like a great fit for us. He prefers being a 'house dog,' but he will also go on long walks and play outside. He's not a jumper (awesome!) He's never shown any aggression towards anyone and he ignores cats. He doesn't bite on furniture and is content just chilling where his people are. 

I should know better than to try and take a legitimate picture of Owsley. 
We are supposed to think about it over the weekend, but I am pretty sure we have already made up our mind. I mean, just look at that smile. I love his big head.  
I do think it is a little amusing that we have Frankie (Frankenstein) and now we will have Sheldon (author Mary Shelley.) Ok, maybe I'm just a dork. 

Comments