Skip to main content

life in pictures

Last year I didn't take many pictures at all. I just never felt motivated or inspired to take a picture of anything other than the kids' birthdays and our trip to Universal. But I guess something is slowly waking up in me because I have been taking pictures again. 
This week was VBS and I was helping in the craft room. Each helper had to make a craft for the cradle roll class and I was given the assignment of making eleven sheep. I do not understand the concept of giving a pre-made craft to a baby, especially ones with choking hazards. If I had a baby, this stuff would promptly go into the garbage because it is just clutter. And if your child had nothing to do with making it, there is literally no sentimental value attached. Whatever, I am a rule follower for the most part. These sheep were attached to a pool noodle with a wire inside that made it look like a staff. Hopefully the kids deconstructed it and they will be able to use their pool noodles this summer. Otherwise, what an absolute waste of church resources. 
 
I took the kids and their friend to a party for another friend who had recently moved up to a brown belt in karate. The kids got to have dinner, bowl twice, play laser tag, bumper cars, and prepaid cards for the arcade. I think they all had a great time. 
It is summer and many of our volunteers at the food bank are taking off for vacations, so we are all pitching in and picking up the slack. A few weeks ago I would pick up donations from Panera on Tuesday and Thursday nights, and this past Sunday I picked up Publix donations. The entire backseat of my car was filled as well. I think it is awesome that not only do we give our clients canned foods and other non-perishables, but we are also able to provide them with fresh bread and other baked goods that they might not normally purchase. 
Monday I went and watched Lincoln so my brother and sister-in-law could take the kids to see the new Jurassic World movie. They had watched them all together, so it was only fitting to continue the tradition.
My kids won't hold Lincoln, especially Owsley. I think he is a little jealous. I think Gage is afraid that he is still too fragile. Emily sent me these pictures where she said she basically had to plop Lincoln on top of them and snap a quick picture. Hah. 
Some people were throwing out these lovely little bird feeders and my brother got them for me. One man's trash is this woman's yard decor.
Weasel and Fuggler are still sticking around. Frankie basically ignores them. She better get used to sharing us because we have been searching for a dog to adopt for a few weeks now. Weasel and Fuggler stay outside, but our future dog will be inside.
This is from Mother's Day, but I thought it was a good picture.

I finally finished my first book in a year. Whooooooo! Owsley and I have been playing Simon Says and I am getting better at remembering the patterns. We also play this rubix cube game that is a lot of fun. I'm just trying to stimulate my brain as much as possible. I think it is helping. I have good brain days and bad ones, but the good ones seem to outweigh the bad ones. 

Comments