Skip to main content

afternoon stream of consciousness

I took a teaspoon full of diatomaceous earth before I went to bed last night. I mixed it with water and it was like drinking gritty puddle water, but there was no weird taste other than the grittiness, so it wasn't too bad to drink. I wanted to take it in the morning when I drank my coffee, but I was worried it might flush the wellbutrin out if I took them at the same time. 

You are supposed to start with a teaspoon full and work your way up to between one and two tablespoons. I didn't experience any side effects at all, so maybe I need to take a little bit more. 

Yesterday at the school supply giveaway. In under four hours we gave away almost 500 backpacks filled with school supplies. After we ran out of backpacks we started packing our extra supplies in grocery store bags and handing them out that way. We had to close it down ten minutes early because we ran out of everything. 

The first two hours I worked at the sign-in table where I recorded the grade and school of each child, so that we have a better idea of what needs to be bought for next year. I also looked at IDs to make sure they lived in the proper county (although I did have one lady come in who was not from our county, but I let her go through anyway, because I assume she drove from another county because she actually needed assistance with school supplies.)  I have known that I have trouble taking messages and writing down the voicemail at the food bank, but this was the first time since having covid that I've really had to listen to someone and write what they tell me. I used to be a phenomenal speller and now sometimes I can't figure out how to start a word or I'll leave out the main letters. And I really had a tough time yesterday with names that I'm not familiar with. But I was fast and no one really cared if the names were spelled correctly (except for the handful of kids that noticed and corrected me) because that information was irrelevant. It was just interesting noticing how much trouble it was for me to take the information I was receiving audibly and process that into writing it on paper. I didn't seem to have any trouble with numbers, only letters.

My entire life I have randomly felt this feeling that I can only describe as being homesick for a place that I don't know. I assume I've felt it my entire life, but my first memory of the feeling was when I was five. I can vividly remember laying in bed and feeling it. I have felt it on and off my entire life, but I've been feeling it a lot lately, like almost daily. It is never connected to a mood or anything. I won't even be thinking about anything deep. I'll just be doing some random task and suddenly that feeling smacks me in the chest. I like the feeling, because every time I have felt it throughout my life I have been brought back to that memory of being five. Especially now, it is nice to feel a connection to my five year old self, but I do wonder why I have been feeling it all of the time lately, when it used to be months or years between times that I had that sensation. 

Comments