Skip to main content

cats and dogs

Last weekend we went to visit Brian and Sigi. The last time we had been was over Thanksgiving, so our visit was overdue. We had a nice time where we mostly just stayed in and caught up on life, because it was way too hot to even have a beach day. We did go on one walk and we attended a church service on the beach that was already 90 degrees at 8 am. 
I took this picture of Peppy's stepmom with CJ, who belongs to her brother-in-law and his wife. Never ever in my life did I imagine I'd see Sigi cuddling with a dog, and here we are. I suppose stranger things have happened.

One of our favorite things to do when we visit is to play games. We usually play charades and Catch Phrase, but this time we tried this new kazoo game they had where you play a song on your kazoo and try to get everyone else to figure out what you are playing. You haven't truly lived until you've heard a kazoo rendition of 'House of the Rising Sun.'

Everyone was laughing so hard, except for Gage who was playing chess in the corner. And I'm sure we were probably a huge distraction. To his credit, he hung out in the same room with us, although when I asked if he could hear us (he had his ear buds in) he told me yes, that we sounded terrible. 

Yesterday we went and got Sheldon, who is currently laying on the couch with me as I type this up. Pit bulls get a bad rep, but I swear this dog is a huge baby. Yesterday he was a little timid and wanted to stay in his crate, but if we ignored him he would get up and start exploring. By bedtime he was acting like what I assume is his regular behavior. This morning my quiet bible time was a little different, but now he's laying next to me on the couch as I type this up. I was afraid he might be depressed for a few days, but he seems to be doing fine so far. 
I had forgotten how happy it makes me to have a huge dog next to me. And that short-haired dog smell reminds me of Titus. 
Waiting on Sheldon's foster mom to arrive. 
Frankie is going to have a little adjusting to do. She's been around dogs before and never paid them much attention, but she's never had one in her home, smelling all her stuff. She is not allowed on the countertops and immediately jumped up and hid behind the microwave. Then she sulked off into the laundry room. Sheldon has pretty much ignored her, so hopefully they can learn to coexist soon. 
I made Frankie this box for her food, because we always leave her food out for her to graze on, and I knew that would never work with a dog inside. Frankie is very finicky when it comes to her food, so she hasn't taken to the box yet. 

Comments