Skip to main content

i've been alive 456 months

Yesterday was my 38th birthday. Age is just a number. It's just a marker for counting the time you've been on this planet. Even though time is really just an illusion, and this planet sometimes feels like a simulation. I don't feel 38. Not that 38 is really old (although am I now 'middle aged'? I don't know.) What is 38 supposed to feel like anyway? 

Owsley had been SO excited to give me the present he bought me. He wouldn't tell me what it was, but he kept telling me that he had ordered me a 20 foot tall metal bust of Hagrid with a Father's Day discount he found. He ordered this custom pillow of Titus, our dog who passed away a few years ago. He thought in advance and really was able to use the Father's Day discount when he ordered. I love it. It is such a sweet, thoughtful gift. 
I can't wait to wear my new shirts. Much to Gage's horror, Peppy ordered me the kazoo game. HAHAHA

I had a gift from Sheldon, three tiny little gnomes. I've never seen a brown gnome before. Glad to have one to add to the collection. 

My mom took me out for lunch and to go shopping. Owsley tagged along because there was lunch involved, and who of us isn't a little food motivated? To his credit, there isn't much 'fast to prepare' food in our house right now. I've got tons of rice, pasta, beans, and canned foods, but since Monday is my grocery day and we were grilling out, and then yesterday I was busy, our fridge is relatively empty. I guess I'll be hitting up the grocery store today.
My parents took us out to dinner later in the evening and then we went back to their house for cake. This year my mom had decorated in a carnival/circus style theme. After watching that 10 part series on the nephilim potentially looking like clowns, I can't look at a clown the same way. Not that I was ever a clown fan to begin with, but now it is literally all I can think about. Some of it makes more sense than it should.

Gage makes music (dubstep) on his computer and he's good at it. This was on Independence Day when he showed me an email where he had been accepted by a label. I didn't realize my mom had taken this picture right as I was reading the email. I think it's really cool, and I know he's proud of himself. Since having covid he's also had a much harder time concentrating. Even chess has become more difficult for him at times, but his music ability hasn't taken a hit. He's always recording random sounds like grandfather clocks, or knives on a cutting board and going back to his computer to figure out how he's going to manipulate it to make the sound he wants. 
And look, my fur babies are learning to cohabitate. Sheldon has been so good with all the cats. For a while Frankie was wanting to stay behind the couch or in my bedroom, but I guess she decided she was tired of her house being taken over and has started being in the same room with all of us. She still doesn't want to play with Sheldon, and often is just giving him a stare down, but this is progress.
Owsley wanted to buy this crinkly toy for Sheldon yesterday. I see why his foster mom sent only massive hard chunky plastic toys. RIP crinkly soup can.

Comments