Skip to main content

life is like a rollercoaster. a long wait, and then it's over.

Yesterday I took the kids to Six Flags. (Sorry Jonathan, we thought Peppy was going with us until the very last minute.) This was the first time we had been all year. We ended up not getting season passes this year because at the time we were paying for our Universal trip and didn't have extra cash to spend. They were on sale for about $40 and I told Peppy I'm sure they would be that cheap later. Nah, Six Flags got bought out this past year and now season passes are $120, which for this particular park is definitely not worth it. Due to understaffing there were still many stores and attractions (mostly kiddie stuff) that were shut down yesterday. These things don't bother me, but they are going to have to make some changes in the park for people to pay those prices for passes. In October day tickets will be $89 (what!?) I looked up other theme parks to compare. Dollywood (a much superior park) has one day tickets for $79 or a two day ticket for only $99. Both Cedar Point and Kings Island have day tickets for $49. So this particular Six Flags is missing the mark.

The weather was nice and overcast, and the park wasn't really busy. We had to wait between 10-15 minutes for most rides because for some reason they were only running one train on a majority of the coasters. I really enjoy spending time with my kids. They are polite and don't complain, but at the same time they aren't awkward homeschool kids. I mean, yes, they are slightly awkward, but that has nothing to do with homeschool and everything to do with inheriting my genetics. Life has been tough for Gage. I know I hate it as a 38 year old woman and not have emotions or memories. I can't imagine being 15 and going through the same thing. I never had a parent who could relate to my mental problems, so at least I do understand first hand what Gage is going through. I know it is really hard to understand if you aren't living it yourself. If I do something stupid I just tell people that I had brain damage a few years ago and that my brain has never been the same. That usually shuts them up.  Sometimes I think about how covid stole my kids, and then I think about how bad I feel for Peppy that his family was replaced with imposters seemingly overnight. Since we no longer feel adrenaline on the rides, Gage and I were laughing and attempting to solve mathematical equations while we were flipping through the air.

We were at my Memaw's house last week and she pulled out some old photo albums. Gage said he felt uncomfortable looking at his baby pictures because he felt like he had stolen someone else's child. I completely understand this sentiment, because I often don't feel a heart connection to anyone that I normally would have. I feel like I have stolen someone's wife and mother and daughter.

I didn't take a lot of pictures yesterday, because once you've been to Six Flags 50 times, there isn't much else new to photograph. I always like pictures of me and the kids (whenever they are willing to take them.) Sorry Gage, I know it pains you, but we look alike. 

We stayed 7 hours and rode 17 things, had lunch, looked around the shops and played some games.  Fortunately Gage decided he wanted a pass later on in the year last year, so his was still good and we were able to use it for free parking, which would have cost $30. I think that is absolutely insane. Gage's pass also had a deal where you can bring a friend for $19. The employee granted the discount for both mine and Owsley's tickets so it was only $40 for both of us. There went a chunk of my birthday money, which is ok because any money I get is usually used on doing fun stuff with the kids anyway. I already have more than everything that a person needs. 

It was so nice not looking at my phone (other than my camera and texting with Peppy.) This is why I like theme park trips, because you are so busy all day that you don't have a chance to look up news or even think about reality. 

Adding these last two pictures because, ah, this dog. He is so good. He is a loyal protector of his family, and yet he is very friendly to people when we take him outside. He just does his best to guard us at home (even if that means giving a singular growl and then sulking off to his crate.) I know he's trying. Haha







Comments