Skip to main content

play it smart, soul intact. how you react is what you'll get back.

I obviously ended up going to the concert. Gage was my voice of reason. We were taking a walk and he basically said, "Well, it's a band you like, so you'll either have a good time or you'll just have a time." And I'm glad I went because I did have a good time. They didn't really play any of the songs that have personally spoken to me in my life, but they did play a lot of ones that I enjoy, and the entire band really does always have such great stage presence. My favorite songs to hear were 'Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Part 2,' 'Spring (among the living,)' and 'Circuital.' There were only a handful of new songs and two from their very first album that I didn't know.

We had never been to the Orian Amphitheater before. It only recently opened, and it is pretty cool that now we have a nice, big venue that is local. Everyone had told us how easy parking and exiting were and Peppy and I were both blown away with how simple it was. We've been to concerts where we had to walk almost a mile to get to the venue from the public parking. We've been to concerts in other cities where we couldn't even find our car afterwards. 

We got there right as the opener was in the middle of her set. She ended with a cover of 'Smells Like Teen Spirit,' so I guess between her and Weird Al that's the closest I will ever get to a Nirvana concert. 

Whoops we kept this cup, but we will reuse it too. My only option for water was a $6 can of something called Killer Water, or Deadly Water. Actually, Peppy just told me it's called Liquid Death. And it's just water...in a can...made to look like you are drinking beer. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, aside from O'Douls non alcoholic beer.

Peppy asked if I had ever had Liquid Death and I told him I'd had Red Death back in college, but apparently those are two polar opposite beverages. 





Pay no attention to my last post. I was a mood. I got to thinking later on about how terrible my hormones were this month compared to last month, and then I remembered that I had not been keeping up with diatomaceous dirt the way I had been the month before. And because of that I had also eaten a LOT OF SUGAR over the past few weeks. 

Therapy is expensive. I can't pay for a psychiatrist and talk therapy. So I just type and work it out myself.

The weather is going to be in the upper 70s all this week, and I'm ready for that. 

Comments