Skip to main content

and no one believed her

Anyone frequenting this blog knows how my memory is. Or maybe how it isn't. So I needed to document this for the sake of posterity. Ok, maybe not for the future generations. That is a bit much. This is just for me, so I don't forget.

So there's this tradition in my family of not believing anything I say. This is understandable as I spent a majority of my young childhood lying, although I'm not sure why. I think mostly to keep from getting in trouble, and the end result was usually Jonathan getting punished for something I did. (I'm sorry, Jonathan.) I just remember my mom calling me a "habitual liar" pretty regularly. My mom didn't cuss, so it was confusing to my young mind why she was calling me a "bitch liar." Anyway, I guess my mom got used to my childhood lying and so she never believed me when I told her various things growing up. 

No one believed me when I said I was going to run away. And then I was gone one morning.

My mother didn't believe me when I told her she really didn't want me fitting in with the popular kids at school. When they started going to rehab and getting pregnant she realized maybe she didn't want me hanging out with them after all. 

I once was casually dating three guys at the same time. I told them all about each other, and they didn't believe me. I mean, what can you do when you are honest with someone and they still don't believe you?

And then, there is Peppy. I told everyone I was marrying someone named Peppy and I was moving in with him after the new year. Say it with me: "And no one believed me." 

Almost three years ago when I first heard of coronavirus in Wuhan and how they had to cancel all their Chinese New Year celebrations I had this inner knowing that this was the beginning of the end and that nothing would ever be the same again. I warned everyone about the lockdowns and the government reset. I warned everyone not to take the vaccines. I told everyone that I thought covid would end up being chronic, like HIV. I could see people weighing the possibility in their minds, but cognitive dissonance is strong and I don't fault anyone because we've all been lied to. We are all victims of a massive, worldwide deception.

The point of this rambling is that on Friday my mom came over to give me a piece of mail that had arrived at their house. Out of nowhere she said, "I was telling mama (my memaw) that I should have listened to Deanna because she has been right about everything she has told us over the past three years."

Wait...what? Did I hear that correctly? 

So yeah, I'm feeling a little proud for that moment and I don't want to forget it. But I must say that any truths I have been given over the past couple of years have been the result of praying to understand what is going on. I would know absolutely nothing without the Lord.

1 Corinthians 1:31 "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."

It still felt really good to hear my mom say that. It was like getting a trophy that I didn't realize I was trying to earn.  I hate that I am right though. Sometimes I wish I was just crazy. (Or crazier than I actually am.) No one wants to say "I told you so" when it comes to something like this.

Comments