Skip to main content

this is how we roll

Through some sort of miscommunication both Peppy and Owsley thought I was taking the kids to Six Flags yesterday. Obviously there are many times where I just don't remember what I said, but this time I have the receipts. (Isn't that what the young folks are saying?) We had discussed taking them sometime in October. I mentioned they were open on Monday and on the weekends, and somehow that got translated into "You guys are going to Six Flags on Monday." 

We were certainly not there to celebrate serial rapist and murderer, Christopher Columbus.

There was a deal with the passes where if you purchased them before Monday they were $15 off and would be good through Labor Day 2023. So we got up early yesterday and headed out. It took a little longer to get into the park because apparently lots of people snagged that deal and they were having to take pictures of everyone who purchased a pass. They have also gotten more strict with their bag policy and we saw them send a few angry looking people back to their cars. I always look this stuff up before we go anywhere. Not because I am a type A personality, because I most certainly am not. I just don't like surprises and I want to know what to expect.

Owsley and I rode this kiddie ride where the barrels move around and you can shoot people with water. The first time all the barrels had people in them, and it is always fun to watch someone get sprayed in the face with water. Owsley wanted to ride it again, but this time it was only him and two other people, so it wasn't as much fun for him. 
We went into one of the restaurants to purchase a refillable cup and the cashier told me I was "so pretty and had great energy" which kind of caught me off guard because I just treat everyone the same all the time. Maybe I was being polite and she is used to rude people. I don't know. It was a nice compliment and I appreciated it. Especially the great energy part, because I'm sure she meant good vibes and not like "wow, that lady is SO energetic." Because that is laughable. 
We noticed that compared to last year, they had put out tons more Halloween decorations. Last year we even commented on how impressed we were with their creepy theming, and this year there was even more stuff. Even though we don't celebrate Halloween, I had to take a picture of the kids with this skeleton horse, because, hello, it is a skeleton horse. 
And a pile of bones.....
I guess a cannibal is supposed to live here? 
It wasn't very crowded yesterday and the weather was great. We only stayed for about five hours because we did everything we wanted to do. I think I really appreciate that about having the passes- you don't feel obligated to stay from open until close. 

We ran into this man who recognized Owsley's hoodie, which was from his favorite coaster manufacturer, Rocky Mountain Construction. The man and Owsley started geeking out over coasters and speaking each other's language in technical terms and talking about their favorite manufacturers and what their coaster count was. I think he enjoyed running into another enthusiast. He is always pointing out "That's a break run," or "That's a corkscrew, not a barrel roll." Owsley likes to correct me and say that he is a coaster enthusiast, whereas I am a theme park enthusiast. He likes the coasters, but I enjoy the whole package. Give me the coasters and the dark rides, the theming, the weird foods, the shows, the people watching and looking at overpriced souvenirs. I like it all. 
They are on the lift hill. 
This is called a pretzel.

After we had some lunch we rode the train, which we had never done before. We were all glad we did, because they played audio of some of the history of that Six Flags park that was really interesting.

Owsley and I were on this one coaster, Goliath, and I looked over and he had blacked out. His little arms were flapping back and forth. At first I thought he was just pretending because we have all joked about how since having covid we occasionally gray out on super intense coasters. But he wasn't playing. He was completely out of it. I was texting Peppy about it and I was recommended an article on people blacking out on the Hulk at Universal. (Goliath and Hulk seem to be the only two coasters that give us that reaction. Let it be known that I love the Hulk ride. "Embrace the Hulk. Be the Hulk.") We left shortly after Owsley blacked out. A gray out is one thing, but he was totally unconscious for about ten seconds and I didn't think he needed to ride anything else after that. I am not too concerned though, because Gage, Owsley, and I often get a little grey if we stand up too quickly after being horizontal. 

I'm glad we have season passes again. We didn't get them last year and we regretted not having them over the summer. Hopefully next time Peppy can come with us...and he can drive.

Comments