Skip to main content

morning stream of consciousness

I have been reading the book of Adam and Eve. This is a supposed narrative of events beginning with Adam and Eve and their ejection from the garden of Eden. I have really enjoyed it because it has opened my eyes to things I had never thought about before. Even if it is not canon, it is always nice to be able to further open your perspective. Plus, fabricated or not, this was the history that Israelites believed at one point in time. I love extra biblical sources because it helps me understand the Israelites better. And then there are books like Enoch and Jasher, that are actually mentioned in the scriptures and probably hold a lot of truth. The great thing is that none of these extra-biblical books have contradicted what is found in the bible. They just offer more background to life at the time. They give you more understanding.

When Adam and Eve got kicked out of Eden, it felt like a literal gut punch to me. It was crazy to actually feel a physical feeling. Sometimes I would get frustrated as they continued to fall for Satan's tricks over and over again, but then I just realized that we are still doing that today. It just looked pathetic from an outside point of view, like, "Why do they keep falling for this?? Why aren't they on guard!?" But then, you know, I look inside myself and I'm like, same. Don't we all just keep falling back into the same old bad habits and routines? I know it can't be just me. And you can really tell that the writer wants to emphasize just how much God loves his creation. He continuously had so much mercy and compassion for Adam and Eve. 

The texts were supposedly written about 700 years before the new testament, and Adam and Eve experience things that are talked about in the NT scriptures like Satan disguising himself as an angel of light in an effort to deceive Adam and Eve. (2 Corinthians 11:14) He tries to trick them every single day, trying new tactics and aiming for their weaknesses. And man, am I ever aware of our frailty and limitations as a human. It also put into perspective how we could potentially be 'entertaining angels unaware.' (Hebrews 13:2) It made me think about a lot of things in a way that I never had before. 

I feel awakened in a way that I haven't in almost two years. I'm assuming this was due to massive brain inflammation and the LDN has helped with that.

And because one part of my brain suddenly starts working I guess I assume all of it is working, and then I realize that my recall of daily events is still total bleeeeehh. At least there is improvement in some areas. You get what you get and you don't pitch a fit. If I'm going to be an unmotivated, lazy bum, the least I can continue my quest for truth and knowledge. A long time ago maybe I would have been known as a philosopher. Or the village lunatic. 

This is so unrelated, but a third cryptocurrency billionaire was found dead. This is getting suspicious. J.P. Morgan said, "millionaires don't use astrologers, billionaires do." And he would have known firsthand.

Yesterday it started storming and was really dark outside by 2 pm. The day felt like it lasted forever, and then we had to go to Panera at 9 pm and pick up leftovers and take them back to the food bank. So the day really did feel like it was never-ending, but both of my furds (fur kids, obviously) decided to hang out with me while I was reading. 

Comments