Skip to main content

afternoon stream of consciousness

Owsley finally saved up enough money to purchase a one-wheel this past weekend. I know he is excited to finally have it and I know it will get him outside a lot more. He's already been riding multiple times each day. This is something he has wanted for a few years now. My brother and his wife have one and he enjoys using theirs during family events, but it is very hard for a 9 year old to save $1400. This has been a pipe dream for a while now. He finally decided to be diligent about it and start saving. About two or three months ago he began scouring the internet for local sellers, while we weeded out any amazing deals that could potentially end with someone in an ice bath, minus a kidney. I tried it earlier this week and was able to stay on for maybe five seconds before my right foot somehow got out from under me. I feel like I did a roll in the air (although I know I didn't) and landed right on my femur. It hurt for a bit and I was expecting to be sore the next morning, but all I've got is a gnarly blue bruise on my left shin. I'm going to try it again though. I can see how it would be fun once you got the hang of it. 

I know it is not good to fall on hard surfaces, especially when you land on your bones, but I've always thought that I've never felt more alive than that brief moment when you're like "hey, I'm falling." Whether it be falling down steps, or falling off something, or tripping. You get the idea. I am just a very clumsy person and I frequently trip over something. There's a microscopic moment when you are consciously aware of your immediate fate, and it makes me feel alive. Maybe I've become a sadist because feeling physical pain is at least feeling something.

I started taking guanfacine five days ago. I don't think I can tell any difference in my ability to focus or concentrate, but my brain feels lighter and my eyes less bulgy. That is probably due to the fact that guanfacine is typically a blood pressure med and it is lightening the load in my blood vessels. I'll have to pay careful attention to this med, because my blood pressure is really not high to begin with. Peppy had a hard time even finding my pulse on Sunday. We determined that I don't have one. I'm one foot in reality and the other foot in the afterlife. I was sleepy the first couple of days, but that seems to have worn off. 

I am babysitting Lincoln today and he's napping. We watch this Netflix nursery rhyme show "Little Baby Bum" whenever Lincoln starts rubbing his eyes, because he will generally just lay his head on my chest until he falls asleep. Well, today there was a song I hadn't heard about achieving your dreams and trying harder, yada, yada. The song mentioned two familiar names for children to look up to, Einstein and......"successful businessman, Richard Branson." I kept waiting for it to mention more famous names, or other careers, an artist or musician, but nope. I wonder if Branson funds Little Baby Bum. 

Children, you are worthless unless you become a billionaire. Remember you can do anything, just like entrepreneur, Sir Richard Branson. 

Comments