Skip to main content

fifteen minute districts

The 15 minute city (FMC) is an urban planning concept based upon the idea that all your daily necessities and services could easily be done within a 15 minute walk or bike ride. They aim to reorganize urban spaces so that everything you need is within just a few minutes. Living, working, entertainment, healthcare, education, you name it. Everything is connected in a tiny 15 minute cube. (I mean, this is already a reality in some metropolitan areas.) This concept first really gained traction after the mayor of Paris included a plan for a 15 minute city in her 2020 re-election campaign. Since then, the idea has caught on and a number of cities all across the world have adopted this same goal.

The narrative is that the goal of these FMC is to cut down on carbon emissions. Reducing short car trips can reduce pollution as well as help with exercise that most of us need. The sense of community in these little cities would be appealing, but the reality is that they want you stuck in these little FMCs, unable to leave without digital passports or written permission. Because it starts with plastic barracades in the rode. It ends with digital passports wherever you go. This is the equivalent of a prisoner on a cruise ship. Sounds nice at first, until you realize you're basically living in Ground Hog Day or maybe even a loop in the Bermuda Triangle.

It does have aspects that make it seem like some fake 1950s Hollywood movie set utopia, but that seems like it might be only the beginning, leading up to a dystopia where you will need access passes to visit other neighborhoods or cities. I, for one, can see the appeal of having everything you need within a bike ride down a cobblestone street, with a baguette in my basket, while also simultaneously reading a book and randomly yelling out "bonjour" to people who are clearly having a rougher day than I am. Then I will sit at a fountain and sing to some sheep about my favorite part of the book. Oh wait, nevermind. That is just some daydream of living in a European village that I learned from Beauty and the Beast. I am sure this would be nothing like that. Actually, it is hard to imagine this being implemented in many areas of America and it seems like it could cause even large gaps in inequality.

(Side note- I am learning that most of our problems are because of false Disney expectations. Really sit and think about that one for a minute. Think about what was ingrained in you as a small child- some animals can sing while other are still just animals, 16 year old mermaid is an adult, your parents can and will die at any moment, if you are beautiful you will marry a prince, beastiality is cool as long as the animal can talk.) You can take away the movies, but you can never take the songs from me. Even with the ending stages of Alzheimers I will probably be humming "Under the Sea." Gage might suffocate me just to end his misery.)

According to the World Economic Forum, the pandemic created a need for these FMCs because having everything within a 15 minute walk became a "life or death matter." Can you see it playing right before our very eyes now? You will own nothing, and you will be happy. 

These FMC are already being boycotted in Edmonton, Canada and the United Kingdom. Plans are already underway for FMCs in Oxford, Sheffield, Bristol, and Canterbury. Saudi Arabia already has plans for an enclosed 100 mile long skyscraper megacity.

Cleveland, Ohio is the first city in America to begin to implement a FMC. Below are some of the other first FMCs the United States hopes to implement. It starts with the cities, but I'm sure sooner or later the murder drones will be sent to the more rural areas. Or maybe we'll be the ones they try to corral into all the FEMA camps we've heard rumors about for a million years now. Here is an example of what a FMC might look like in a rural area.



This is a really cool tool that shows if you could end up living in a 15 minute city. 

The FMCs themselves seem pretty harmless. It is only when Klaus and the gang make themselves known, because that just proves this all goes hand in hand with Agenda 2030 and the World Economic Forum's (*possibly offensive explative*) for world dominance. That is when the walls start closing in, and you begin to realize that you really do literally own nothing to your name.

Maybe you've thought, "But they are so old. Why do they care?" I've thought about this too. Well, because they have the technologies to upload their consciousness and download it into a new host. Sounds absolutely insane. I know. But it is happening and these forces never truly die. 

Or maybe it is the evil spirits in them that just never die. I guess that would be the forces I'm talking about anyway.

These FMCs are not new ideas, but because of the pandemic we have an excuse behind why we need them. And on surface level they do not seem all that bad, but I wonder if they will continue to close us off and separate us so that we resemble more the districts in the the Hunger Games than our own continents and countries. Clearly I wouldn't be the Capital. That is reserved for those who look like Nephilim, err...clowns. I actually looked it up and I'm district 11, farmlands and pastures. I could have told you that without even googling. We are also pretty poor and live in shacks. (Hah! My neighbor called my house a shack.) We are a humble folk. I know it all sounds silly, but does anyone remember Lady Gaga at Joe Biden's inauguration? 

Tell me that ain't some Hunger Games predictive BS.

Who even knows. So much is thrown out there each and every day, and I just try to pay attention to the particular stuff my brain screams at me to look at. But I do remember her wearing that outfit and I knew it meant something because all these things that are broadcast always mean something. Rituals and spells. Symbols and sigils. Everything is something, and nothing is really nothing at all. 

Comments