Skip to main content

the resurrection of Tony Stark, or weird things are happening v.104

*Don't let my Tony Stark ramble keep you from these links. There's some great stuff if you just scroll past my absolute hatred for Iron Man.

I have mentioned numerous times how at the very beginning of living with covid, my kids and I started a Sunday night tradition of watching EVERY.SINGLE.THING in the Marvel Universe. And you know what, I didn't hate it like I thought I would. (It wasn't how I remembered the terrible Batman series of movies that kept coming out my entire youth.) I did sleep through a portion of each movie, but I was able to find a redeemable quality in every single character except for FE-MAN, Iron man himself, Tony Stark. Even Thanos felt some sort of remorse for having to power bomb away either his blue daughter or his green daughter from Gardians of Galaxy, which also stars Andy Dwyer, of Mouse Rat fame, who also lives as Star Lord in an alternate dimension. All these Marvel movies are like one big intergalactic family tree. You got your real superheros, your sorcerers, witches, titans, aliens, scientists who fell victim to their own experiments, and a boy who was bitten by a spider. Thanos had to go all Georgia Guidestones on us and puff away half of humanity with some magical jewelry. Once he eats enough cereal and collects all the magically delicious stones, he gets a mega Hamburger helper mitt to help him destroy half the world. 

See, I pay attention. Marvel explained in 30 seconds. Also: After humans are booshed away, for some reason or another, half of them come back and we (as the audience) realize that Marvel as a business will never die. 

Anyway. I was told Tony Stark was dead. Why is there an Iron Man 4? Oh, because I've noticed these Marvel movies reveal little easter eggs, little golden nuggets of conspiracy for anyone who happens to be paying the slightest bit of attention. Fortunately for me, Gage tells me about all the tidbits I miss when I fall asleep. So here we are, with Tony Stark, who 'Dollar (25) Tree' Elon Musk wishes he was. Elon gives me creepy vibes and my conspiracy radar always goes off when I hear his name, and the character of Tony Stark is literally the bain of my existence. Pepper Potts, girl are you even still alive? If you are, forget about fe-man, and go for the Hulk (at least he's trying to better himself) or Captain America with his old school values. But maybe they are dead too. It is hard to keep up with who all was Thanos-ed away. Just come Peps, stay away from the antichrist. 

 

Actually, upon careful reflection, whiny, baby Peter Parker might be my least favorite character. And why is he 'spiderMAN' when he clearly a teenage boy? So many questions. So many plot holes. I'd ask Stan Lee, but aside from driving that 18 wheeler on the Spiderman ride at Universal, he's dead.

*Animals ability to sense magnetic fields may be more widespread than initially thought. I knew it! Don't you ever catch your pet/s staring at absolutely nothing? Especially if you have more than one animal staring at the same empty space. It's creepy.

*A strange object is being dragged into a huge black hole in the center of our galaxy. That's if you believe in space and don't believe we are in a domed simulation that will one day be peeled back to reveal what is really behind the lower heavens.

*Magnitude 6.1 earthquake hits northerm Japan.

*3.7 magnitude earthquake hits Wales.

*Yet another earthquake hits Turkey as they begin to rebuild from all the devastation. 

*Death toll in Brazil continues to rise from the flooding.

*Blizzards and flood warnings hit California in very rare storm. You know, in Matthew, Jesus talks about the end times. He mentions wars and rumors of wars, pestilance, terrible weather and earthquakes. He calls these the 'birthing pains.' The pains began thousands of years ago because we've always had wars and famine. But the pains get much closer and more intense as the time for delivery inches closer. It sure does seem like these disasters are happening with a much greater frequency.

*Testosterone enhances sensitivity to the negative outcome of risky decisions. Ok, so what is this going to do to those young teen girls who take T daily?

*Canterbury explains how an FMC will play out in the near future.

*The US is averaging one chemical spill every two days.

*Here's an interesting one, Senator John Fetterman is allegedly brain dead and they are trying to keep it secret. 

*Barista robot in Korea can make 20 different drinks and can manage its own cafe. We'd better be figuring out some skills these AI can never have. Basically only our humanity, but you can't exactly make a living off that. 

*SNAP benefits are being cut in two days and I'm wondering how that is going to affect our clientele at the food bank after this last boost stops at the end of February.

*Unusual clouds stun residents of Argentina, while extrememly rare mother of pearl clouds are filmed in Norway,

*This person in Sequoia National Forest films a very similar cloud that was seen in the sky ten days before the earthquake in Turkey. 

*Texas and Michigan officials say they didn't know water and soil from East Palestine would be transported into their jurisdiction. 

*When Peppy and I visited New Orleans we went to this medical museum and it told us all about the use of maggots and leeches in medicine. My brother who works at a hospital has told me they do keep maggots there, because that is the most effecient way to eat away dead flesh.

*Anxiety and depression are linked to your bowels. Yes, yes, yes. Your brain and your gut are so interconnected they might as well just be one long unit. You are what you eat. You eat fake foods? You become a fake human.

*Police are warning residents of Seaside, California to stay away from the man dressed as Cookie Monster. It is a bad costume, so don't worry, you won't confuse it for the real Cookie Monster. If you are a Sesame Street aficionado, you could always ask him triva from Plaza de Sesamo.

Has anyone noticed how bad drivers have become lately? I think I probably ask this a lot, but it just continues to get more and more noticeable. I visit Peppy's cousin who lives an hour and a half away every couple months. I made her a cake for her 40th birthday last weekend and drove down to see her. I generally never have any trouble except for a couple areas of congestion when people merge from the ramps. But I was experiencing 18 wheelers in the fast lane trying to pass these people in the slow lane who would immediately speed up so that they 18 wheelers couldn't pass. And as a result we were constantly going 40 miles an hour and continually slamming our brakes on the interstate.

I notice this in grocery stores too. People just standing around looking like zombies. I try not to get frustrated. At this point when I notice an NPC I just whip my cart around and go to the aisle from the other direction. I swear, it has become like some 8 bit video came. And don't get me started on the parking lots. I have literally honked at more than one car to keep them from backing over an elderly person. And quick reflexes aren't a major gift of mine anymore, so if I'm noticing it, it must be prettttty bad.

Actual photo of me in the grocery store. Does anyone remember this game other than Jonathan?

The kids and I were in the gas station last week and I gave a man directions to another gas station, which was literally seven miles away with ONE turn. And he still seemed confused. He said his GPS kept taking him in circles. I told him not to listen to the GPS, to get on the interstate and he'd immediately see billboards. As I was driving away, he was back in his car messing with his GPS. 

People.

Comments