Skip to main content

weekend stream of consciousness

Warning: this post was written over the course of three days, so the flow might make me sound crazier than normal. Then I went back and edited it, because you wouldn't believe the amount of random words I sub in without realizing it as I'm typing. Sometimes they are very weird word exchanges. And then of course as I reread my post I thought of things to add in. Things that make sense, things that don't make sense. You know how it goes over here.

My parents are at Disney with my younger brother and his family, and if there ever were a "bless their hearts" moment, this is it. On Spring Break. The last time my parents went to Disney was when they took my family ten years ago. So much has changed since then that I know they will have fun, I just hope they don't find themselves comparing it to their last trip because we all know comparison is the thief of joy. I am so excited for my parents to see the Star Wars areas and Pandora though.

My dad has already texted me that he has seen way too many body parts. I tried to warn him that for some unknown reason, flesh tone spandex is a thing now and that he would probably think he saw many naked people out of the corner of his eyes. 

What is weird is that my mom is super type A brain, over planner, never ever flies by the seat of her pants. She sometimes waits until the last minute to do things, but that is just because she is always doing something and is always busy. Or at least that is who she used to be. I went to see her on Friday and asked if she was excited and she was all "eh, not like normal." She was leaving the very next day and I even had to show her how to use the app and try to make some dinner reservations for her and my dad because she hadn't done any planning. 

What is happening to all of us? I mean seriously??? When did most of the world become so apathetic that they do not care about anything. It is surreal for me to see so many people living out the same reality as me, but they blame it on age, or stress, or basically anything other than what has actually been going on the last three years. It is like I am waking up now and seeing that this is happening with every single person on earth.

I slept until 6:30 (gasp) on Sunday and then 6:00 today. The last two days I had been helping Peppy's cousin pack up her condo and move her stuff into a storage unit. I guess my energy reserves were well used up. When I woke up Sunday morning and it was light outside, I could not believe it. I don't remember the last time that happened. The timer at the storage unit kept turning off and Theresa and I were making references to the episode of Cabinet of Curosities that takes place as a storage facility, but we were the only ones who knew what we were talking about.

So until Theresa finds a new place to live, me and her mother have become the foster mothers to all of her plants. She had this great balcony with plants EVERYWHERE. On stands, on the ground, hanging from the rails. It really felt like a jungle and I know that was a peaceful place for her. (There is a natural reason most of us feel at peace surrounded by nature.) So I suppose my current purpose in life is to keep all these plants alive. I told her I only wanted the super resilient ones. I do love bringing the outdoors inside, but sometimes I forget that living things (aside from humans and animals) also need water. 

I do not like the purple set of grow lights on the right because they make the plants look like those poor unfortunate souls from the Little Mermaid.
That is all I see out of the corner of my eye when the purple light is on.
No one uses this tub. Why not make it a new garden spot until it is warm enough for these fellas to go outside?
I also borrowed some of her books. It is all stuff that I've previously read, but I thought that might actually be a good thing, because if I zone out at least I hopefully remember parts of the storyline. Although some of those Palahniuks were read back before Gage was born. So it's been a while. 

I also brought Peppy's aunt a bag of stuffed animals from our shed, because her dog loves to rip them apart. I parted with Steve, a bear I got from the Bass Pro Shop when I was like three. He used to have camo gear and a hat on. I'm not quite sure why he has continued to follow me around all these years. Goodbye, Steve. You've been suffocating in a plastic bag in a hot shed for a while now. You probably don't think too highly of me and are ready for a dog to rip your face off.

I'm sorry, Steve. Clearly there was a reason I kept you all these years. I just don't remember what that reason was, and you mean absolutely nothing to me. This is goodbye, Steve. Do not call me ever again. Especially after your face has been ripped off. 
In the next episode of "Deanna Does Dementia".....We have these stray cats in the yard that I have mentioned before. One has had two sets of kittens and killed them all. She is still so young herself, and this last litter she would push her living kittens out of the box. We would put them back in and she would push them out again. She had five or six kittens a couple weeks ago and within two days she had killed them all. We have been unable to catch her to have her fixed, but this morning I caught another stray (Blackie Chan) lurking around our yard, probably trying to impregnate Fuggler again. 

If you have never witnessed a cat gang rape, consider yourself lucky. We have to catch her somehow. This cannot continue. The spraying smells horrible. The yowling is incessant. We have to catch this cat somehow because there are multiple males coming after her at once. I just looked outside and there were four cats in my driveway, and Frankie was not one of them. She takes no interest in the outside crew. She flat out ignores them. She is more civilized than that.

Well, I jumped out of my car to chase him off, but I didn't put my car into park and it almost ran through our living room. Fortunately I had just enough reflexes to know to jump back in and slam on the brakes. Don't tell Peppy. I don't know how often he reads this (although I know he does sometimes, but maybe he just skims. Hello, Penis McGee!) Side story: Peppy recently got an email addressed to "Penis McGee," which is clearly something I signed him up for a million years ago and don't remember. But he got an email from the company last week and we had a very good laugh about it.

A few weeks ago Gage got a new teacher at church. This is a man in his 60s who has recently started attending there, and so he doesn't know the 'pre' us. Actually, no one at church really knows we are having problems because there has never been really a reason for it to come up. I'm sure my parents have told some of their friends, but other than that, it is not a known fact that Gage and I are having brain problems, because we are both quiet people. Who knows, there might be 20 more people there dealing with the same and they keep it to themselves as well. 

Anyway, I felt like I needed to tell this man that Gage has had some problems since covid, and if he comes off a little offensive or rude that is not who he used to be. He just has no filter now. I got a little emotional because I always do when I talk about Gage's problems. He said, "And what is it you are wanting from me?" I told him nothing. I just wanted to give him a heads up because you never know what you might get with Gage. Some days he might be receptive to you, and other days he might be completely shut down.

He pulled me aside today and told me he loved having Gage, and that he actually probably contributed more than anyone else in the class, and actually called the teacher out twice. I said I was sorry, because like I said, he has no filter. But he said that he loved it and that it would keep him on his toes.

So obviously that was a nice thing to hear.

Comments