Skip to main content

the vain robot

One of my favorite bible verses is Ecclesiastes 1:2.

"Vanities of vanity, says the preacher. All is vanity."

Other translations include "everything is meaningless," "all is futile," "everything is nonsense," and "all is decay." So that's pretty cool. Decay of decay. All is decay. Everything is nonsense. King Solomon is a mood, and I'm all for it. 

Speaking of vanity...

I present to you, in all of it's unfiltered glory, my forehead. There is a reason I keep that thing covered. I have had a handful of strangers compliment me on my bangs lately and ask who cut them. Me, I did. I have had a lifetime to master my craft. I will die with bangs. One lady said I had the perfect face to pull off bangs. If she only knew my other option. She's right. I have the perfect face for bangs because there is really no other choice.

Since I'm talking about my hair, I would like to admit that now it has stopped falling out, I think I prefer having less hair. It weighs less, which means less headaches and it isn't so hot. It takes much less time to wash and definitely less time to dry. And now that it doesn't feel like waxy Barbie hair it isn't as frizzy as it was when I was constantly shedding. 
I had a message this morning on reddit that a bot had banned me from a sub that I have joined, but never participated in because "You have been banned for participation in a subreddit that is dedicated to either red/blue/pink/purplepill, anti-LGBTQIA rhetoric, or generally toxic content. Please note that this action was performed by a bot that cannot and does not check for the context of your content. In order to be banned, you must delete all recent (120 days) content. Once you have done so, contact our moderation team to request reinstatement."

I am not a member of any hate groups, so I can only imagine they mean conspiracy, because that is the only place I actually comment. That, and covidlonghaulers, but for some reason I doubt the bot is referring to that one.

We've been discussing AI a lot at home lately, because last week someone (male in his 60s, not my dad) told Gage that AI would never be as intelligent as a human. And we were all a little blown away by that, because that is such an ignorant thing to say. AI has surpassed human intelligence, and it continues to grow and learn at an exponential rate, while human intelligence is on the decline as we rely more and more on technology to give us the answers instead of learning and growing ourselves. Give that AI a moving shell and suddenly it is game over for humanity.

You might ignore all the videos I post, and that's ok. But if you don't believe AI is 'out to get us,' you need a reality check. This video is an hour and a half long, but it is worth a listen. You don't even have to watch it. Our sad, strained eyes need a break. Close your eyes and listen to what she has to say. If the world continues, this is realistically our future. People need to understand. She goes into the idea of a world where you cannot tell fiction from reality, the effects filters and facetune have had on teens and preteens, and the terrifying capabilities of chatbots. She covers a whole scope of topics under the umbrella of AI, maybe some things that you haven't even considered. This is stuff you need to think about, especially if you have children.


Everyone I know is running from the afterlife. These days they make it sound sweet. If this the last dance, you can count on me. If you only knew how many times I danced around to this in my kitchen at 4 am.

I also wanted to share this that someone posted on reddit, so this post is as good of a place to put it as any. Also something to mediate on.

Comments