Skip to main content

bonnaroo- helping the CIA since 2002

Peppy's 40 year old cousin is currently at Bonnaroo for the first time in her life. This opportunity was only offered to her like a week ago, so she really didn't have much time to research and was pretty anxious about the whole thing. Since r/conspiracy is still boycotting (enough is enough, guys, you're going to get shut down. Let it go,) I've been reading the Bonnaroo subreddit. Even though it is only a little over an hour from my house, it has always been on Father's Day weekend, so as a teenager I felt like I shouldn't go, and now as a MIDDLE AGED PERSON the idea of staying awake for three days in a row makes me think I might actually die.

They are bringing camping gear, but come on, how can you sleep with music blasting until 5 am? One time Peppy and I were on a cruise where this 80s metal hair rock meet up had concerts until 2 am. They accidentally gave us a room right under the theater, so that first night was insane. They were able to swap out our room the next night, but I can't imagine that every single night. I think this is legitimately torture some POWs. Remember when that park in Florida blasted "Baby Shark" all night long to keep the homeless people away? 

Here's what I find super interesting. The whole weekend lineup is kind of set up like a cruise ship schedule, if you've ever been on one. From what I can tell, they play music from the afternoon until around 5 am, and during the day they have yoga and meditation, narcon training, and NASA speakers. So, basically you get these tens of thousands of young people in the middle of nowhere, Tennessee, pump them full off acid, put them into a trance via music, and indoctrinate them with their fake space nonsense. 

I see through you and your lies NASA. We are under a dome. I'd like to crack some acid brains open at Bonnaroo by having a megaphone and running through the camps dropping truth.

I have also noticed that there are tons of posts about the police pulling over people for the most random things. Anyone who looks like they might be traveling to the Roo seems to be pulled over and searched. I was surprised reading that because I guess I've always assumed Bonnaroo was the Burning Man of the South, a free-for-all of debauchary. Or maybe because of all the fentanyl deaths they are just being proactive. No wonder they are giving classes in narcon training. I've seen posts of people being arrested. And then the line to even exit to get to the gate was up to 12 hours long. And apparently there are even police on reddit, posing as concert goers looking for substances in an effort to bait someone. 

There is no one on the lineup that I would have cared to see this year. I've seen MMJ a hundred times, and the idea of four nights camping among people smelling like a dumpster fire, where you can shower for 4 minutes for $20, and a bottle of water probably costs 10 bucks. Nah. Even if I was gifted a free ticket I am not sure I could do this. And this particular person is not the most patient or calm person I know. I am actually a little concerned for her. 

I don't mind tent camping. But I sure don't want to do it in close proximity with 20,000 other people. Sometimes I think about the ancient Israelites, and as much as the world sucks now, it would have sucked to live in a traveling tent community with millions of people. 

earplug earrings
by u/angwesley in bonnaroo

Um, I LOVE earrings and there are many times I wish the world was a quieter place. Earplug earrings? YES, PLEASE. I could do without the bears though. This would be so easy to make. They do look a little like buttplugs on their own, so I guess that is why they added the little trinkets. I'm definitely making some of these. 

Comments