Skip to main content

morning stream of consciousness

This sure would have been a strange sign to see for the new Diablo game when the skies were orange in New York City. Is this more alluding to Lucifer being female? When Biden said "God save the Queen" was he referring to Lucifer- the 'queen of heaven'? 

I guess VBS and the stress of the food bank finally caught up with me and I basically slept all Friday and Saturday afternoon and evening, leaving me in a last minute crunch to pack for trips. But that is nothing new.

The kids left yesterday with my brother and his wife and Lincoln to go to Cedar Point and Kings Island for the week. They had been planning this trip since my grandmother's funeral last year, and it really is insane to realize that was already over a year ago. I think a week is the longest I've ever been away from the kids. We got Owsley a cellphone before they left and you can imagine the messages he is sending, which include a lot of random shots of Gage's head. Apparently they are all playing a game to see who can get the most pictures of Gage. This is my favorite picture that my SIL sent, because Jonathan looks SO over his head, but she said he was ok. Hah. 
Peppy and I leave later this morning for our little trip too. The weather is not looking so great for us, but I've got some ponchos and we aren't scared of a little rain. The only thing we have planned is ziplining, and we have saved Black Mirror, although I'm hearing mixed reviews of this season. I'm reading that it is basically like a time line of life right now, so I'll be interested to watch it myself and see. I wasn't too impressed with last season. And food, there's always restaurants to pass away the time in the rain. Plus, I do love a good museum, and I haven't been to the Alcatrez museum yet. But I have been to the Museum of Death and the Museum of Medicine in New Orleans. So Alcatrez does kind of seem right down my alley. But the main thing is time together, and we haven't had that in a long time. That is the only thing that matters. The weather really does not.

So all those berries I thought were tayberries are actually blackberries, and I really wish I had some waders to wander out into the brambles because there are hundreds of thousands of them. When we bought this land farmers were using it to plant soy beans, and now seven years later there are so many wild blackberry bushes. Just like learning to pickle all the banana peppers last year, I hope I can learn how to make jam with all the blackberries because they aren't something you can just eat like blueberries. Well, at least I can't. By the next week or so there will be thousands. 
Yesterday I was able to go by the Pharmacy and pick up all the migraine medications that had been sent in through Cove. I seriously cannot give this place enough compliments. It was fast, easy and I had no problem working with my local pharmacy. I know I feel much better going into this trip knowing that I have meds to take if I feel an aura coming on. Plus, I took the preventitve he prescribed last night I currently don't feel like I want to kill myself. So that's a plus. 

Comments