Skip to main content

the mountains are calling

We made it after a grueling nine hour drive yesterday. In regular conditions this trip would have only taken four hours, but traffic was absolutely insane no matter which route we took. The GPS kept adding on minutes and it almost felt like we were in the Twilight Zone. It kind of sucked because the weather forecast for the next few days is most definitely NOT in our favor, and so we left early in an effort to have some time to spend outside on the nicest day. 

Murphy's Law- Whatever can go wrong will.

Peppy forgot his laptop cable and he went into Walmart to get one. I just had to use the bathroom, so he gave me the keys so I could go back out to the car, only I couldn't remember where we parked. It was a foreign walmart. We were in Peppy's car (which I rarely ride in) and basically every single car was black. I was walking around feeling like a dementia patient. I was looking at every black car and I know people were staring at me. I didn't have my phone and without sunglasses I was really starting to get a headache, but finally after about fifteen minutes I spotted him walking back into the store looking for me. I know what kind of car he drives. I know we have matching trolls hanging from the rearview mirrors, Pat and Vanna. Moments like that make me feel like I shouldn't be left alone. 

We finally got here around 6 pm and fortunately found out it doesn't get dark here until 9, so we got in the car and drove around the Smokey Mountains and looked around at scenic spots, and discussed how far superior the mountains are to the beach, as well as how this is probably a great spot for paranormal activity with the woods and caves. We also saw two bears, which never happened on our entire RV trip. It was a mama and her cub. The cub was just playing along in the road, not paying any attention to the cars. 

It was raining by the time we got back to the treehouse last night, but you could still see hundreds of fireflies in the trees, even if we weren't at the special thing at the National Park. I wanted to tell these guys they were lost. Party is the other way.

This treehouse is pretty small and I wondered where I would go this morning, but I'm out on the deck and the awning goes out far enough to protect you from the rain. The whole thing is one big room, and I thought, "I wake up at 4:30 and I want to do my routine." Fortunately Peppy could sleep through the apocalypse, or at least if he woke up, he'd just put a pillow over his head and go back to sleep. He told me it would be no problem if I stayed inside, but it's been really nice out here this morning, and I just saw like twenty ducks swim by. And it is so secluded. We are in a town outside of the touristy area and we cannot see anyone.

I also slept great last night. Peppy stayed up later outside doing work and I didn't wake up when he came in, and I didn't get up until almost 6. But there's an hour difference here, so I guess that would be 5 anyway. Either way, sometimes it's hard sleeping in a new bed, but this one was not.

The weather is clearing up at the moment, and we have zipline reservations at 11:40, but right now thunderstorms are coming in around 1:30 and so we just have to wait and see what the company says closer to time. I also have to go buy shoes because I didn't read the 'closed toed shoe' part until ehh.....8 o'clock last night. But at the time the weather said it was going to storm all morning, so I told Peppy we should hold off on buying shoes that I would never wear again until we saw what the weather looked like this morning. #freethefeet I really hope it holds off for us though. This is the one activity we had planned that we really wanted to do.
This was my view reading the bible and drinking my coffee this morning. Not bad.
 
I like to call this one "Nature." I have this game that I play with myself whenever I'm driving. I try to spot areas of land where you cannot see another area that has been touched by man or that has a piece of anything unnatural in it. It can be pretty difficult at times. 

Comments