Skip to main content

morning stream of consciousness

Someone posted a side-by-side of Jamie Foxx and it is giving me major "Mark Zuckerburg waxy android" vibes. Is this another Damar Hamlin situation? Look, I hate speculating on whether someone is still alive or not, but something is off here. 

I will never go see the Barbie movie. Big surprise, but I was never much of a Barbie girl. I think maybe I asked for a mermaid Barbie, but I don't remember playing Barbies much. I just didn't understand the purpose. I did have a Barbie mansion for some reason and I remember that my younger brother and I played 'tower of terror' with the elevator, murdering actions figures left and right. The few Barbies I had were mutilated with crazy haircuts, dye jobs and tattoos that I had given them. Pretty sure my Ken doll had a My Little Pony head stuck to it. I do remember looking at Barbie and thinking, "I don't know a single person who looks like this plastic monstrosity." My memaw had this old pregnant Barbie that I think was my aunts that could deliver a fake plastic baby, and I was pretty fascinated with the mechanics of how that worked. Honestly, I think you probably just opened up her stomach. But considering I've always liked the morbid and macabre, the fact that you could give her a c-section made her the only Barbie I ever really liked. 

All this to say, everyone knows Ken is a side piece. Everyone knows Ken is irrelevant because he doesn't even get a job. He is literally 'just Ken.' I'm having a hard time understanding why this is such a surprise to move go-ers. Did anyone expect Ken to actually be Barbie's hero? She is the hero. I understand people are upset at the feminist agenda in this movie, but what did they really expect? The whole idea of Barbie is that women can do it all....and then some. I mean, she's a teacher one day, an astronaut the next, and she moonlights as a doctor. She can literally do everything. 

Yesterday the high was only 82 and I sat outside and read from Enoch. It has been years since I read the book of Enoch. Even though it is not included in the protestant canon, Enoch is mentioned in both the old and new testaments. I believe this book was purposely not included in the protestant canon, because it explains in great detail Genesis 6:1-4. It explains why the flood had to happen, but more importantly Enoch sees things in heaven that directly parallel what John wrote about thousands of years later. Enoch sees and describes the exact same things that John writes about in Revelation. For me, this is absolutely edifying. The first time I read Enoch I was in tears because I knew in my spirit it was real. I knew this was purposely hidden from us. 
We are that remote generation that is to come. I find this verse very interesting, considering the book of Enoch has always been in the Ethiopian bible, but was only 're-discovered' with the dead sea scrolls in 1950. I would never recommend anyone read this book if they didn't already have a good foundation on the bible, and I wouldn't hold it in the same regard as the canon (because I don't want to be responsible for telling someone that every single thing in Enoch was inspired by the Holy Spirit.) But I do see it as history in the same way that I see the book of Jasher and Jubilees and Maccabees. All these things did happen. They are legitimate history although they might not be divinely inspired. I know without a shadow of a doubt that fallen angels came to earth and procreated with man, producing a race of giant monsters. I get that it sounds totally scifi, but that is only because we have been conditioned to think that way. I don't know how anyone could read Genesis 6 and think that it is saying that the 'good guys' procreated with the 'bad guys,' which is what a lot of denominations want to tell you. That doesn't even make sense in the context of the book of Genesis. 

All the evil in the world, well you can thank Azayzel (who is mentioned in Leviticus,) because he taught us war, makeup and money, which altered the world in a very drastic way. Imagine a world where we didn't know about war, trying to beautify ourselves, or even the value of precious gemstones. There would be so much less hatred, violence and jealousy. Azayzel taught us that our natural bodies are not good enough and that we should constantly be striving to look better than everyone else. Want something that someone else has? War! Fight! Kill! Take what you want by force. 

"Moreoever Azayzel taught men to make swords, knives, shields, breastplates, the fabrication of mirrors, and the workmanship of bracelets and ornaments, the use of paint, the beautifying of the eyebrows, the use of stones of every valuable and select kind, and all sorts of dyes, so that the world became altered. Impiety increased, fornication multiplied; and they transgressed and corrupted their ways." Enoch 8: 1-2

Anyway, Enoch is heartbreaking. I understand the fallen angels sinned against God, but the thought of once being in his presence and willingly walking away because of your pride absolutely guts me. How could you stand before such majesty and perfection and think you are better? This is something my wimpy human brain cannot fathom. Sure, I've walked away from religion before, but that was before I knew the Lord. Now that I do, I can't imagine turning away from this. Or somehow thinking I am better than the creator of everything. 
In today's episode of my stupid brain, I got these knobs at the $5 store because I thought they'd look good in the bathroom. They are more of a light turquoise than they look in this picture. Only the cabinets in the bathroom don't have knobs like that, they are more like handles, as are every other cabinet in our house. Why I didn't remember that, only covid knows. But I did realize I could remove the tiny knobs from my jewelry box and I think they add a fun touch. 

Peppy surprised me with new speakers in my car for my birthday and he finished putting them in yesterday. There is a remarkable difference in the sound, and both the kids and I commented on how we noticed parts and layers of songs that we had never heard before. Now I am excited for mine and Owsley's obnoxious car karaoke on the way to the food bank. Our current favorite is Mike Shinoda/Kailee Morgue "In My Head." I always imagine myself banging on the drums. 

Hang on a second.

Ok, I'm back. 

I literally just put on Peppy's headphones and danced around my kitchen to that song. It always makes me happy when I dance in the kitchen because I know I feel my best when I spontaneously feel like being a three minute spaz. It is a much better stimulant than an actual one. Today is a good mood. 

Comments