Skip to main content

the one that deals with the crazies

Hey, you. Yeah, you. The one that thought Donald Trump was an alright dude at one point in time. Don't trust RFK Jr either. There's your warning and your heads up. I mean, really, if you still think there's a good guy that is going to save us, ehhh, I kindly suggest you get your head out of this world and stop clinging to what doesn't exist. 

Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy. This has been a bit of a conviction of mine for a while now. I have a hard time wrapping my head around why we would keep 9/10 commandments and let the other one slide. Clearly Sunday is not the Sabbath. Constantine did not have authority to change times. You can worship the Lord any and every day, but the Sabbath (as a day) will forever be the last day of the week and not the first. Maybe Christ is your Sabbath rest, but it will never be Sunday worship. 

Anyway, I try to save some of my favorite devotionals for Saturday. One of my favorite youtubers always posts on Friday night so you can watch on the Sabbath. I know many followers of the Lord have felt alone and isolated these last few years. We are obviously being set apart and separated from this world that we don't belong in. Brother Ron's message this week was one I could have written myself. Our testimonies are different, and yet there are so many parallels as well. This was a beautiful, uplifting message for the children of Yah, and I know some of you could also benefit from listening. I sure did.

I am loving my Hebrew roots bible. Something about the real names being written out instead of the westernized versions, it makes the word come alive even more, if that makes sense. 

We had a small family party for Gage on Thursday night. We ended up all sitting in the living room floor playing Catch Phrase for about an hour. I don't know if other families love games as much as we do, but both mine and Peppy's sides of the family can happily sit and play games for hours. 

I went to the Amazon pallet $5 store with my dad on Friday. I hadn't been in a long time and they were having a special $3 day. It looked like they had gotten all of Barnes and Nobles toy and games inventory. I went in looking for backpacks for the food bank school supply drive. Unfortunately there were no backpacks this week, but I got some toys for when I babysit my nephew as well as 6 brand new board games. We played Forbidden Sky yesterday and it was so much fun. I also got this wooden brain teaser that is supposed to be a child's Montessori toy, but I've been playing with it all weekend, and I'd like to see the child prodigy that can solve this at three years old. Everyone needs board games and brain teasers...entertainment for when the grid goes down.

Does anyone remember my very disappointing neurologist appointment? Well, the trigeminal neuralgia seemed to definitely be exacerbated by the heat, and out of my absolute desperation I cut one of the tegretol (the pill that made me have suicidal ideation more than normal) into fourths and have been taking 1/4 of the regular dose before I go to sleep at night. I have been almost pain-free for five days now. I have gone from having five or six icy hot strips stuck all over the left side of my face, to just one, and sometimes none at all.  I am very, very tired when I wake up in the morning and my body feels like it weighs a ton until about 10 am, but I will trade that for being pain-free in my face, which I have not experienced in over a year. So I'm only taking 100 mg,when I'm supposed to take 800 mg a day, but I don't know how anyone would be able to stay awake on 800 mg. I'm just going to pray that this tiny dose continues to work for a while, even though I know TN is a progressive disorder. I try not to dwell on that though, because all I can do is take things one day at a time. My TN is always the worst the last week of the month when hormones are raging, so I am *anxiously* awaiting to see if this will help, or if I will be spending another last week of the month puking and crying from pain. I was actually crying happy tears earlier this week because the absence of pain was so noticeable. I had forgotten what it felt like to have a normal head, and to not feel like you were constantly being stabbed on the left side of your face. 

I had no idea so many places have been flooded lately. I only heard about Vermont earlier this week, and then Peppy's dad sent some video of their house in Florida with water rising up to the steps. Apparently India and Spain have also been dealing with horrible flash floods lately. So much of the world is under flood warnings right now. We thought Death Valley was hot at 110 degrees, and this week it has hit 130. People can say climate change isn't real, but we have given the earth cancer through pollution and chemicals and generations of neglect, and clearly it is groaning. The Lord is trying to wake people up and have them turn to him before it is too late. We must step away from the artificial and turn back to what is natural. 

Comments