Skip to main content

morning stream of consciousness

Yesterday I thought I had a 'free day' because it wasn't a Wednesday that I was going to watch my nephew. Since I've been at the food bank a lot more because of our director's surgery, I have basically been taking naps every day when I get home. Owsley had other plans, because the moment he woke up he asked if I would take them to Dave and Busters. 1) They had gift cards, 2) Wednesday is half price day and 3) school is back in session so the place would be virtually empty. 

When are we starting school back? Everyone keeps asking me this and not only am I confused with the months, but because the last few weeks my regular routine has been out of whack, I usually don't even know what day it is, because now Tuesdays feels like Thursdays, and so I wake up Wednesday thinking it's Friday. I don't know if that makes sense, but I've always thrived on my routine, so hopefully the director will be back soon, the new office manager will be up to speed, and I can go back to my regularly scheduled routine. Actually as long as I get my early morning alone time in each day, I am usually good about changes in my schedule, as long as I am kept in the loop. I just get drained more easily. Anyway, next week. We'll start back on Monday. Or Tuesday. One of those days.

Owsley had been saying since our last visit to Dave and Busters, sometime four or five months ago, that he was going to get 9000 points and buy the gigantic Pickle Rick, from Rick and Morty, a show that we have never even seen. I didn't even know the Pickle was actually supposed to the be the old man until I was schooled on all the lore of a show that they have never even seen. They both claim Rick and Morty are big in the meme scene, and that is how they seem to know a lot of pop culture things that they wouldn't otherwise know. 

Big surprise. Owsley cashed out for the huge pickle. 
Gage has learned he is really good at the claw games. Yes, these games are rigged, but there is also a science to it, and if you can figure out the correct angles and speeds, you can master these rigged games. Gage never seems to cash out on anything other than candy, although he has thousands and thousands of saved tickets. Yesterday we realized you can actually use your points for meals, so we are definitely going to do that because we have more than enough. 
I don't know how to describe this, because it's not soft like a stuffed animal. It feels more like a hugely stuffed decorative pillow. 
We do watch Bob's Burgers together.  We all enjoy picking out parts of our personalities in the Belcher children, although Owsley says I also have a lot of Linda because I'm constantly singing and making up songs. We can't figure out why Louise is the tallest doll, since she is the youngest child. These were crane game prizes. Unfortunately there was no Linda, and all the Bobs were on the side of the machine that wasn't turned on. I initially won Tina, and Owsley went back for Louise and Gene. What can I say? We really like Bob's Burgers. 
Rickle had to be moved. He was a bit of a driving hazard. Biiiiig blind spot.
Owsley shoved him in between his bed and ceiling in hopes that it would fall on him on the night, but I didn't hear any screams, so I guess Pickle Rick stayed in place. I just looked him up on Amazon because I was curious about what exactly the material was, and one that is only half the size is $50. Incredible. 

Speaking of money, I have been looking at Universal prices for the end of November/beginning of December, and Lord willing we can take a vacation sometime then. I was literally putting in every single date to find the cheapest week until the new year, and I found it. The kids still enjoy Universal and want to do that, but we might shorten it a few days and add on a day at Busch Gardens because Owsley really wants to knock off some more coasters on his list. Unfortunately day tickets to Busch Gardens are insanely priced, and it would be the exact same price to buy season passes and go for two days instead.

This is all tentative you know. December will be here very soon, but that's also 16 weeks of who knows what happening in between now and then.

I am still thinking about these Maui fires. Why wouldn't they turn on the hydrants? Literally nothing about this makes sense, and you have families who have lost everything. Families who have lost family members, and some of this devastation could have clearly been prevented.

Our food director wanted to argue with our office manager that if she only had more faith she would be cured of her anxiety. This lady is so calm, and soft spoken, but I could see smoke coming from her ears. When the food director walked away she looked at me and said, "Should I say something to him?" Because she knows all of us in there have different diagnosed disorders from anxiety, to add, to depression, sensory problems and everything in between. Before I could even say, "What would you even say to him?" (because this man has one of those mansplain personalities,) she had asked him to go outside and talk to her for a minute. I'm not sure what was said, but clearly she let him know that he had no knowledge of what he was talking about at all. 

I would never wish a mental illness on anyone, but unless you have lived it yourself, most people are often very ignorant to anything atypical in the brain. It is very dangerous to say if only your faith were stronger you wouldn't be depressed/anxious/angry. Oftentimes these character flaws are used to keep us clinging to our Creator in faith. Scripture says his power is made perfect in our weakness. 

There are a few very strong male personalities at the food bank that have made me really have to humble myself at times. I really have to bite my tongue and keep quiet and just let my actions speak of my character instead.

Comments