Skip to main content

humpday stream of consciousness

I am most alive in the fall weather, when breathing outside comes a little more naturally and you can bust out all the chunky sweaters. I can step outside and just the feel of the morning brisk air wakes up a part of me that seems to only come alive during autumn. I wish that the weather could be like this all year long. 

Does humpday even mean anything when every day feels the same to you? Not really, but it gives life a little more structure, and I try to add that to my life wherever possible. Without structure I might just float away because there would be nothing to tether me to time and this reality. I think that might be why I grab onto anything (like the feel of the autumn-time weather) to remind me that I am on earth.

Something I don't often think about is the amount of people who are actively driving and filming themselves at the same time. I guess because I don't participate in social media (other than reddit lurking) I don't even think about the unfathomable idea of staring at myself instead of the road while I am driving. It really would only take a millisecond to hit something. Last month when I hit that one dog because I was making sure I didn't hit the first dog it kind of put in perspective just how insane it is that people are recording videos and driving. I wasn't even doing anything stupid. I just saw one dog come running from the ditch and made sure I didn't hit it, not realizing there was a second dog still hiding in the ditch. All it takes is staring at your own reflection as you talk to yourself for just a moment and something could come out in front of you. If you record and drive, please don't. 

"Sorry officer. I didn't mean to run over that person, but everyone reallllllly needed to hear about how delicious these pumpkin flavored moth balls are."

I am no hoarder by any means, but sometimes instead of taking care of something and just putting it away or throwing it away I will just make piles-organized chaos that only I understand. And then one day it just starts to drive me crazy and I want to throw away everything. There have been many times over my life that this would happen and I will take EVERYTHING out of the cabinets/closets/drawers and then take a step back and become so overwhelmed at the thought of tackling this gigantic mess I just made. I have been slowly reorganizing stuff and trying to take on only one task at a time. This is kind of foreign to me, because like I mentioned, I usually have this Tasmanian devil idea of organizing where I just twirl through and rip out everything at once. I cleaned out the laundry room earlier this week and I organized the kitchen cabinets yesterday. It was very satisfying and I would look in the laundry room every time I walked by because it felt good to see it organized. I have always felt this way after seeing a space minimalized but unfortunately I am not good at the day-to-day maintenance of order. And let's not even talk about how I actively collect recyclables but am not very good at actually taking them to be recycled, or how whenever donate clothing, those bags can sit in my floor/trunk for months before I drop them off anywhere.

I have been reading the Wisdom of Solomon and the Epic of Gilgamesh lately. Peppy surprised me and ordered Evidence of an Old World, which is a book by a YouTuber I've enjoyed the last few years. I am excited for this, because Peppy doesn't have time to watch all these videos with me, but it is much easier to show someone pictures from a book, and the evidence is clear that there was a worldwide old world civilization that has been hidden from our history. 

Peppy's dad is coming tomorrow for a concert, but it will be a short visit because we already had plans for the weekend before he decided to come down. Next month is Owsley's birthday and he asked if we could take him to a theme park in Kentucky to knock some more coasters off his list, and it closes down for the season November 1st. There's only four main coasters at this park, but he doesn't care. He knows every single roller coaster in America (and many of theme all over the world,) and he has a running list of which ones he has ridden, as well as what his current favorites are. 

Here is where I end. Because I can. There is no resolution or closure today. It is humpday, which means waffles for breakfast and cleaning day.

Comments